H
Harpazo
Guest
Hello all!
I’ve heard this before, that we are not to call Protestant churches, “churches,” but something else. I’m pretty sure it was something along the lines of a “Christian Gathering” or something of that nature. I’m also fairly certain that it’s in the Catechism as well.
If this is the case, meaning this is within the Catechism, why do we continue to use the term “church” in regards to a Protestant Christian community? I mean no offense by this to Protestant Christians reading this. I am just trying to do what the Church teaches to the best of my ability, considering I will be entering the Catholic Church this Easter.
In Pax Christi
Andrew
I’ve heard this before, that we are not to call Protestant churches, “churches,” but something else. I’m pretty sure it was something along the lines of a “Christian Gathering” or something of that nature. I’m also fairly certain that it’s in the Catechism as well.
If this is the case, meaning this is within the Catechism, why do we continue to use the term “church” in regards to a Protestant Christian community? I mean no offense by this to Protestant Christians reading this. I am just trying to do what the Church teaches to the best of my ability, considering I will be entering the Catholic Church this Easter.
In Pax Christi
Andrew