N
nova147
Guest
I’m not sure yet, so I guess I’m looking for ideas!
Uhhh…Im liking the Litany of Humility.nova,
the core of my lenten sacrifices and observances are three:
i’ll pray the litany of humility every day
i’ll give up salting my food or eating specifically salty foods (not for health reasons. because i love salt.)
no more cussing.
additionally: less chat-- in person and on line
more reparation
more almsgiving
i’m writing this out loud because if i say it, i’m more likely to do it. 'specially the salt and cussing. those will be hard.
the litany of humility:
O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, Hear me.
From the desire of being esteemed,
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being loved…
From the desire of being extolled …
From the desire of being honored …
From the desire of being praised …
From the desire of being preferred to others…
From the desire of being consulted …
From the desire of being approved …
From the fear of being humiliated …
From the fear of being despised…
From the fear of suffering rebukes …
From the fear of being calumniated …
From the fear of being forgotten …
From the fear of being ridiculed …
From the fear of being wronged …
From the fear of being suspected …
That others may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I …
That, in the opinion of the world,
others may increase and I may decrease …
That others may be chosen and I set aside …
That others may be praised and I unnoticed …
That others may be preferred to me in everything…
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should…
wait. what? can they be warm? it’s still winter. you’ll be all shiverry…i will be giving up hot showers this lent
Sarcasm is not negativity…I’m giving up being negative. Only one more day to be cynical, hmmm… How about: “This will never work”.![]()
I’m allowing sarcasm.Sarcasm is not negativity…That is what I tell my self anyhow…
Praying for you CS! :hug1:
I am giving up milk in my coffee, I may be giving coffee up all together…have till midnight to decide!
Trying to go to morning mass three times a week, and making at LEAST a half hour of adoration…and I am hoping to be offering that for all of the single women I know, including my sisters. I have two amazing churches right down my block…so the only excuse is if we get another two feet of snow…![]()
I wholly support that!I’m allowing sarcasm.As long it is meant in a nice way, if that makes sense. I’m mostly trying to focus on getting rid of negative thoughts: there are no guys who aren’t jerkfaces, I’ll never find a job, I’ll die half eaten by my cats, etc.
![]()