What artist do you listen to?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Carjack1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carjack1

Guest
👋

Hi Guys! I wanted to know what contemporary Catholic musicians do you listen to? I want to start phasing out my secular selections for a more wholesome selection. I like R&B and club music, but I want the message to be less about Sex, drugs, and greed. I hope this makes sense.

Thank You
 
They may not be anywhere near Catholic, but I personally enjoy sountracks and symphonic and orchestral type music. It may be secular, but its far from being impure, unless you specifically choose music that reflects such stuff, eg. Sex and the City style.

Example: right now, I’m listening to Harry Gregson-Williams’ Chronicles of Narnia (LWW) soundtrack.
 
Although not necessarily Catholic, I enjoy listening to Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Jars of Clay, etc. A couple of songs by Casting Crowns that really express how I feel about society are the following:

If We Are The Body

What If His People Prayed

Really powerful songs, in my opinion.

God Bless,

Jessica
 
👋

Hi Guys! I wanted to know what contemporary Catholic musicians do you listen to? I want to start phasing out my secular selections for a more wholesome selection. I like R&B and club music, but I want the message to be less about Sex, drugs, and greed. I hope this makes sense.

Thank You
I like my Catholic music traditional. Seems like it would be harder to find distinctly Catholic Contemporary than general Contemporary Christian music. Anyway as I said I don’t look for it, but occasionally finds me. Here are two of my favorites(again, not distinctly Catholic).

TobyMac-Made to Love
youtube.com/watch?v=ovJyv_zseUc&feature=related

Newworldson- Working Man
youtube.com/watch?v=63lvnTYfo3c
 
I discovered Danielle Rose. Thank you guys for the suggestion. They are awesome
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top