I have quite a few in my house (not all mine personally).
Historic English line:
**Authorized “King James” Version (2 copies) **- by far the most beautiful of the lot, but I’m sadly not quite expert enough in the language to use it as my primary source.
**Revised Standard Version - ** this is the one my mother got from her church in the '60s. Halfway between KJV and NRSV, with “thou” for God but “you” for everyone else.
**New Revised Standard Version **- I read this the most often, having received it from my church in 3rd grade. It has my name in gold on the front.

You can definitely tell and trace a line of descent from KJV to RSV to NRSV, and normally it does “descend” in quality as you go to each newer version. But a few passages, like the first chapter of John’s Gospel, I think sound best in the NRSV.
New Protestant Translations:
New English Bible with Apocrypha - like the RSV preserves traditional language in certain places, but is boring.
"Teen Study Bible, New International Version - has some interesting notes, but again the text is boring.
Good news for Modern Man (NT only) - a very loose and modern translation, I can read it to get a totally different angle than any other Bible out there.
Catholic Translations:
Douay-Rheims OT, with newer translation of NT - this one bothers me a little, 'cause with its archaic language it sounds king-Jamesish, but then when I get to a familiar passage it sounds askew.
New American Bible - has lots of nice notes, but is probably the most boring-sounding of them all.