What book are you reading? #1

  • Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished “The Cube and the Cathedral”, by George Weigel. What an amazing book.
 
**Since I’m a “Bones” fan, I decided to pick up the debut novel of Kathy Reichs, “D`eja Dead”. An interesting read, but I was trying to find the characters from the show in it. I like the Temperance in the show much better. Will not be reading the other novels.

I am currently reading “Eats Shoots and Leaves”. A very funny and informative book on punctuation. If punctuation is not your bag, this is not the book for you.

Maggie**
 
**Since I’m a “Bones” fan, I decided to pick up the debut novel of Kathy Reichs, “D`eja Dead”. An interesting read, but I was trying to find the characters from the show in it. I like the Temperance in the show much better. Will not be reading the other novels.

I am currently reading “Eats Shoots and Leaves”. A very funny and informative book on punctuation. If punctuation is not your bag, this is not the book for you.

Maggie**
I really enjoyed ‘Eats, Shoots and Leaves.’ I’m a punctuation observer and this book was entertaining and informative. 👍
 
Oh, and I’m currently reading “The Crusades” by Zoe Oldenburg.

Just finished “The Waning of the Middle Ages” by Johann Huizinga. Very interesting.
 
I’m not reading any religious material at the moment, but i just finished a book called " the rosary girls". It’s pretty grim but an enjoyable thriller nonetheless.
 
Just finished Clapton…

Now halfway through The Age of Turbulence by Greenspan. Great read. (so far)
 
**I am currently reading “Eats Shoots and Leaves”. A very funny and informative book on punctuation. If punctuation is not your bag, this is not the book for you.

Maggie**
Thanks for mentioning that book! It is one of those that I’ve heard about a couple of times and thought sounded interesting, but never got around to buying. But I have just finished the book I was on and am still waiting for my Amazon order to arrive, so I checked out the used book store and they had a copy! 😃 So now I’m about halfway through it!
 
I just treated myself to 2 religious books:
DOCUMENTS ON FATIMA & THE MEMOIRS OF SISTER LUCIA , and THE INCORRUPTIBLES.

I’ll let you know about them.
 
I just started Robinson Crusoe (for my book club), and I’m thinking of starting Imitation of Christ. (I’ve never had a chance to read it, so there’s no time like the present!)
 
I just finished The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns…both excellent books that gives you a peek into life in Afghanistan.
 
I just finished The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns…both excellent books that gives you a peek into life in Afghanistan.
I read both of those this summer, and I thought they were very good. I have a friend from Pakistan, and he tells me that they aren’t very accurate, however.
 
I read both of those this summer, and I thought they were very good. I have a friend from Pakistan, and he tells me that they aren’t very accurate, however.
Really? That’s interesting. I’ve studied Middle Eastern issues for a while now and most of the issues addressed in the books follow what I’ve read. I’m sure it’s not the same for every family/person but the broad strokes seem right.
 
Right now I’m reading “The Expectant One”…don’t remeber the author, it’s along the lines of the Da Vinci Code centering around Mary Magdalene and Rennes de Chateau.

I am also reading Philip Gulley’s book again “If God Is Love”.
 
Right now I am nearly finished with “90 Minutes In Heaven”…wonderful reading.
Kathy
 
now am reading mystery books by James Lee Burke and I have The Complete Father Brown stories too to read…

I think I’m going to read some of the books that others are talking about in this thread…

thank you for this thread…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top