What book are you reading? #1

  • Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished the Twilight quartet by Stephanie Meyers. It was excellent, although the ending was a little too tidy for my taste. I have just started The Forest in Folklore and Mythology.
 
I just started A Miracle for St. Cecilia’s. Does anyone know what the second book in the series is?

Thanks.
 
Regarding “The Last Lecture”:
What did you think of this? My sister read it, and really enjoyed it.

I think it’s on youtube…the entire thing. I still have not decided whether to read it or not.
Sorry I didn’t see this sooner: I’d definetly say “The Last Lecture” is worth reading. He pointedly leaves out much of the spiritual and psychological elements of preparing for death, so it isn’t all it could be.

But it’s an easy read, and offers some very worthwhile insights.

My favorite: you can either be an Eyore, or a Tigger. You choose which: morose and despondent; happy and active. I still get this wrong about 80% of the time.

I keep thinking of the Twains quote to the effect of “The man who doesn’t read good books is no better than the man who can’t”. By that standard, I find most of these posts here reassuring: lots of good stuff being read…
 
Just started rereading Stories of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle…
 
I just started The Poet by Michael Connelly.

and I’m planning to read the Twilight series before the movie comes out.
 
will be rereading “Love Comes Softly” by Janette Oke. Just started the new Inheritance Cycle book “Brisignr” by Christopher Paolini. And will hopefully also start back on reading “Fairest” by Gail Levine (author of “Ella Enchanted”).

Will be reading at least two of these during the 40 days for Life from now til November 2.
 
The Day the Universe Changed by James Burke, companion book to the 1980’s series

Interesting but very biased–especially Burke’s English derived anti-Catholicism, in an oh-so-secular way 😦
 
I’m reading The Ghost by Robert Harris.

I read 3 to 5 books per month sometimes more, rarely less.
 
Inspired by a thread on the forums, ‘On free choice of the will’ St. Augustine. 2nd time
 
I am just into “The Power Of A Praying Woman” by Stormie Omartian

Kathy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top