What can I say to her?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Damascus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damascus

Guest
I am shell shocked. I have a friend who I correspond with in Germany. She is a baptized Catholic. Married to an atheist. Long story short, fell out of sacramental life long ago and claims she will not convert to another faith but that shes not “convinced” about the Catholic faith still.

I find this to be absurd. She says she wants to be “convinced”.

She thinks everyone is saved, therefore I asked her if everyone is indeed saved, what difference would it make if you got yourself back into the Church since God doesnt care what flavor you are anyway?

She said it was a good point.

I need more than a good point here. She knows all the arguments, so that wont work. She has been surviving on bible only all these years.

What can I say to make her think her logic stinks?
 
Ask her who does she trust to give her that bible (the catholic church)
 
how about this verse:

Revelation 3:16
So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
 
Ask her who does she trust to give her that bible (the catholic church)
She has some goofy Westminster version. She hates Augustine too.
She will not do anything “non biblical” yet SHE decided what Bible she will read! How goofy is that?
 
how about this verse:

Revelation 3:16
So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
Thanks! I will let you know how that works, but my experience has been that when you bring up Revelation that "Whore of Bab…

comes up.:mad:
 
i often see this problem, people who say ‘bible alone’ or ‘there is time later.’
the devils greatest assest is when we say ‘we will do it later’ ‘we will go back to Church tomrrow’ ‘it is not important right now!’
But the time to convert is always NOW!
Such as in the parable of the 10 brides awaiting their Bridegroom, you do not know the time or place where the Bridgroom will come. it could be as son as i press submit reply.
but it is important to be prepared like the 5 brides who were welcomed to the banquet feast.
often people say that the Catholic Church doesnt refer to or use the bible, this can be simply combated by the fact that in the Council of Cnostantinople in the late 4th century they devised and composed the Bible…the Catholic Church are resposinble for the Bible. a nice fact to destroy that heresy.
in the Gospel of St John at the very last verse it says that: not even all the books in the world would be able to hold all there is to teach about Christ.
and through St Peter and the Apostles after Pentecost and after the dispersion they taught through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, these inspired words were passed on and become tradition. another way which God revealed himself.
you can link this all back to Infallibilty of the Church and if she doesnt agree with that…use the site below.

now for more inofrmation or if thats not enough go to this site
lumenverum.org/apologetics/DefendtheFaith/page.html
and it has pretty much every heresy and a well-informed rebuttell.

let me know how u went. anthony42906@hotmail.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top