What Do Foreign Correspondents Think of the U.S.? |

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThinkingSapien

Journalists from around the world are reporting on the 2020 Presidential race—and offering perspectives not found in American media coverage.

Interesting. It’s always good to get an outsider’s perspective.

we have a travel warning to the USA

Anyone who might have been plotting an attempt to get into the country ahead of the election has been strongly advised against doing so “due to the ongoing potential for violence”.

DFAT also said the US had a heightened risk of terrorist attacks.

“Terrorists may use vehicles, knives, homemade bombs, and poisons or toxins. Be alert, particularly in public places and at events,” DFAT said.

Australians already in the US were warned to “monitor the media for information and updates” and “follow the instructions of local authorities”.

The alert informed Australians that the election was to be held on November 3, and the inauguration on January 20.

That will keep our foreign correspondants busy

Last edited:
I like watching some of the journalists from Sky News Australia. They are spot on about the Biden campaign and the media.

I like watching some of the journalists from Sky News Australia. They are spot on about the Biden campaign and the media
Sky News is very conservative. Sky will be all about The Melbourne Cup in a few hours for the next 24.

I like watching some of the journalists from Sky News Australia. They are spot on about the Biden campaign and the media.
Or they reinforce your bias.

Not saying that as a dig, but as an observation. I think this might be a case of “they agree with me” as opposed to “they tell the truth”.

I think Sky News Australia is owned by Rupert Murdoch, or the Murdoch media, who also owns Fox News here in the US, so yes it could be considered conservative.

Last edited:
Most people aren’t going to sit and watch news they
don’t agree with. I have seen the titles of some of their you tube videos and they seem to present positive and negative stories for both sides. They are certainly better than BBC news.

I think Sky News Australia is owned by Rupert Murdoch, or the Murdoch media, who also owns Fox News here in the US, so yes it could be considered conservative.
That doesnt qualify it as conservative, rather it is the stance of its front men and reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back