L
Lost_Wanderer
Guest
This has been my observation for a long time now but whenever I see dissidents or critics of fantasy (as with the many Harry Potter and now Pokemon threads), there seems to be this aversion among so called, ‘religious’, ‘spiritual’, or ‘spiritual warfare’ gurus towards fantastical elements.
By fantastical, I mean anything that is not of our reality: magical universes, extraordinary abilities turn ordinary, mythical creatures.
Why is that? What do these people have against the imagination? To dig a little deeper, what if all of a sudden, our world became a little bit more ‘fantastic’ in of itself? What if a growing percentage of the human population started exhibiting magical powers or strange creatures just started popping up all over?
Frankly, I actually shudder at the thought of what such folks would do.
By fantastical, I mean anything that is not of our reality: magical universes, extraordinary abilities turn ordinary, mythical creatures.
Why is that? What do these people have against the imagination? To dig a little deeper, what if all of a sudden, our world became a little bit more ‘fantastic’ in of itself? What if a growing percentage of the human population started exhibiting magical powers or strange creatures just started popping up all over?
Frankly, I actually shudder at the thought of what such folks would do.