What do women want?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DATING_101
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not when his wife asks him if a particular outfit makes her look fat, no.

I could go on, but most people do not want nearly as much honesty as they say they want.
Personally, I don’t think this question should ever be asked. Maybe something along the lines of “How do you like this outfit on me compared to the other one?” or “which do you like better?” or simply “do you like this dress?” - Something like that will invite an honest answer. I feel like so much of a big deal is made over the 'Do I look fat in this?" question that even if I answered ‘no’ truthfully she would wonder if I was being honest or not.
 
Personally, I don’t think this question should ever be asked. Maybe something along the lines of “How do you like this outfit on me compared to the other one?” or “which do you like better?” or simply “do you like this dress?” - Something like that will invite an honest answer. I feel like so much of a big deal is made over the 'Do I look fat in this?" question that even if I answered ‘no’ truthfully she would wonder if I was being honest or not.
I hope nobody in real life would ever set anybody up like that. It makes for good comedy, but really lousy relationships. 🙂

But if someone ever asks you that, just answer as if she had asked, “Which dress suits me better?”
 
This, and thumbs way up for hired help! Someone else can mow the lawn, pull the weeds, etc.!
Wait, I thought that’s what kids were for for?:confused: My parents always made us do that, along with shovel the snow and go outside on the cold winter mornings to start the car and scrape the windows???
 
This is probably not helpful, but I think the question isn’t posed correctly.

It seems to me a man must decide what kind of life HE wants. What does he value? Where does he think his efforts will do the most for his wife and family? Depending on his own self-appraisal and his presentation of it, some women will appreciate him and some will not. This is part of what dating is about…for people to figure out what the other person’s values really are.

There’s nothing easy about that, because we are all tempted to lie, both to ourselves and to others about such things.

It has been a long time since I have been in the dating game, and I’ll readily agree it’s not an easy process. But I have sort of been going through it again with my grown son; thankfully now married to an astonishingly wonderful young woman, after some real problem romances. Some women want that money and the things it can buy, and that’s just a fact. They’re no different from men in that regard. Some women want other things more, just as some men do, and that’s a fact too. And the likelihood of men or women changing what they value for the sake of a marriage is not real strong.

But regardless, before a man can properly present himself to a woman, he has to know himself. And he has to know himself better than most young men do.

Lastly, that pull between “bringing home the bacon” and “being a good husband and father” is never going to be fully resolved in any man’s life or in his family’s life. A man has to do both with a proper balance between them, and he’ll be on that balancing act forever. Sometimes he’ll fail and sometimes he’ll succeed. And that, too, is part of life.
 
Wait, I thought that’s what kids were for for?:confused: My parents always made us do that, along with shovel the snow and go outside on the cold winter mornings to start the car and scrape the windows???
I think the kids have to be at least walking, before you can start making them do that - which means you have to hire help, or do it yourself, for at least a few years, until the kids get big and strong enough to do it for you. 😉
 
Honest in terms of fidelity, his dedication to the family, treating other people in a fair way, that kind of thing. You know, the important stuff.
I can get behind that. The dress somment was a little bit tongue-in-cheek.

You mean that women look for men of integrity, men who have a work ethic, but who value their faith and the people in their life above all else. That’s what the wise women look for, yes. In the US, we depend a lot on having a shared sense of humor, too. I am told by some Russians that the amount of stock Americans put in that is overrated, but I think you’ll see “shared sense of humor” very high on the lists of happily married American couples. That means you have to become a person of substance while still having a sense of humor, because you don’t take yourself too seriously.

Being attractive in other ways might attract more women, but not necessarily better ones. After all, what kind of woman does a wise man want to attract? To attact a woman of substance, be a man of substance. If your sense of humor gets you through hard times with your friends and family, then look for that.

I guess it boils down to this: Know yourself, and what God made you to be, and strive to be that, so that when you find the woman God intends for you, you will say: This one, at last, is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh! (Gen. 2:23) Keep your eyes open, but dare to let God take care of the rest.

OK, you say, but what about the stuff that women think about that just does not cross a man’s mind? Hmm. If you have a really great mom, then ask her. Someone who thinks like she does is what you’re probably looking for. Find a woman whose mom is treated like your mom is (or, if your mom isn’t treated well, like a mom you know who* is* treated right), and that will be a good hint, too. Her daughter will probably understand guys like you (that is, like the daughter’s dad) pretty well.
 
As long as the woman doesn’t think she’s the boss… 😉 (And I’m joking but the point would be valid if I made it seriously.)
Basically you’re making the point seriously, but in just such a way that you have an “out” in case somebody gets offended. You sure you don’t already think the woman is the boss? :rolleyes:
 
Well we also want a man with common sense who knows when a little white lie is ok :D:thumbsup::cool:
Probably explains why I’m single. 😉 (A white lie is okay at gun point. ;))
Basically you’re making the point seriously, but in just such a way that you have an “out” in case somebody gets offended.
I’m offering a different perspective in a friendly way if you prefer to see it that way.
You sure you don’t already think the woman is the boss? :rolleyes:
And what’s the connection again?
 
There are as many answers as there are women. It doesn’t matter what women want.

It matters what the woman who is right for you wants. And, the woman who is right for you will have the same views and ideas about work and family life that you do.
yeah 🙂 you’re right . but i know some info on how to know what women want. click here to know more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top