What do you think of NPR?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JChapel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor as blatant as the rest of the radio dial. Several years ago our local talk station was bought by Clear Channel, soon all the local talent was gone, replace by the foaming-at-the-mouth crowd – Rush, Hannity, Michael Savage, &c.
This has happened all over the country.

He happy. You’ve won! The right rules the radio waves, why worry about one little network that lives of begging?

Personally I like a lot of NPR programs (esp. BBC news). Sure they are slanted but so is everybody. I would say they are less slanted than Fox “News”.
The programs you mentioned on Fox are NOT news programs. When will people figure out the difference? NPR does have some good programs and I don’t think it should be taken away, HOWEVER, it should stand on it’s own merits just like the other networks do, and not expect the taxpayers to support it.
 
I always enjoy NPR, if only because you’ll usually hear unusual things on there; you learn about a lot of things you’d never hear about otherwise.

Also, Car Talk.
“Unusual things” – as in a few weeks ago when NPR’s program “Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me” called Pope Benedict a “gay icon” and a “smelly old man?”
 
“Unusual things” – as in a few weeks ago when NPR’s program “Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me” called Pope Benedict a “gay icon” and a “smelly old man?”
I don’t think that’s what he meant. While I do enjoy Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, their humor can get a bit racy.

NPR doesn’t just report on the biggest, sexiest issues in the news, but also interesting little stories that have a much more personal touch, but aren’t corny. Cable news and talk radio is either too rude or way too over the top cheesy.
 
“Unusual things” – as in a few weeks ago when NPR’s program “Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me” called Pope Benedict a “gay icon” and a “smelly old man?”
I don’t listen to Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me very often.
 
I really like NPR. I learn quite a bit by listening. I also really enjoy the news as I lean left myself. I don’t, however, approve of how the cover the Church at times. Probably not the best place to get news about the Church.
I listen for at least 30 minutes each work day and I lean to the right. I like their news. They do have a slant just as every news outlet does, but it usually isn’t too bad.
Click and Clack are probably my favorite radio show. 😃 Those guys are nuts!
Funny Catholic boys talking about cars!

Peace

Tim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top