What do you think of the latest eucharist sale @ ebay?

• Thread starter Thread starter abcdefg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one’s almost positively fake. No picture, low feedback rating, and the fact that the new members have that much money to spend is pretty clear evidence of “shill bidding”, or artificially inflating the price.

Another giveaway: “This is item belonged to my late mother who was a devout Roman Catholic.”

Anyone even the slightest bit attached to the Catholic Faith would not be keeping the Eucharist in their home.

This person was new. He may not have known how to add a photo or did not have the equipment. He does not say he is attatched to The Church. His mother was. His name and phone number were turned over to The Church in England by one of those bogus bidders. You have to be bidding in order to get the sellers ID info. The Church says they are taking care of it. We have to assume every Host offered is consecrated. You can not ignor a terrorist threat. This is our Jesus at stake!

40.png
grammyof3:
This person was new. He may not have known how to add a photo or did not have the equipment. He does not say he is attatched to The Church. His mother was. His name and phone number were turned over to The Church in England by one of those bogus bidders. You have to be bidding in order to get the sellers ID info. The Church says they are taking care of it. We have to assume every Host offered is consecrated. You can not ignor a terrorist threat. This is our Jesus at stake!
Dear friend

You are right. I would say it is not a consecrated host, but then again we cannot act as though it is not even if it isn’t. We must act as though it is and defend Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. If this person states it is then we have to act as if it is, whether they are deceiving Catholics or not.

I will clarify that by the Church in England you mean the Catholic Church in England, because the church of England is the Protestant church, just so as no-one is confused by this statement of yours, it is the Catholic Church in England that is dealing with it, of course 🙂 .

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Correction - the final price on the auction was GBP 10,000,000 or just under $20,000,000, not $950,000. All of the high bids were just made in an effort to stop a sale from actually taking place. I also believe the seller was a woman. I don’t think it was a hoax. The “devout” mother or grandmother (can’t remember which it really was) was probably legitimate but misguided. The seller has been a member of eBay since early 2004 but appears to have only sold one item before and, as “grannyof3” wrote, probably was not familiar with how to upload images or did not even have a digital image to upload. The seller seems to have mostly been buying horror books and other small items. I suspect the only thing that was a hoax about this auction were the high bids 😉 and eBay’s poor excuse of an explanation as to why they cancelled it.
40.png
springbreeze:
Dear friend

I will clarify that by the Church in England you mean the Catholic Church in England, because the church of England is the Protestant church, just so as no-one is confused by this statement of yours, it is the Catholic Church in England that is dealing with it, of course 🙂 Teresa
Yes, she did mean that Catholic church. The contact information was turned over to two different diocesan offices, including the one that covered the area where the seller lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back