S
SteveF325
Guest
I would appreciate imput on these two articles. What do you think?
Twenty Mysteries of the Rosary?
Naturalism and the Rosary
Twenty Mysteries of the Rosary?
Naturalism and the Rosary
This.It’s pretty clear the authors have an ax to grind with John Paul, and are using the issue of additional decades as a pretext to beat him up over a variety of issues. I don’t suggest they are being dishonest in their attacks, I think they truly believe what they write. Unfortunately, like many partisans their vitriol prevents them from taking an even-handed approach.
I was never in favor of the Holy Father adding the extra five decades as he did, simply because the rosary has always been a private devotion, not one regulated by the Church. However, it is unduly alarmist to say the change “disfigured” the rosary.
Blessed John Paul II’s reason for suggesting the additional mysteries was so that people would do just that.In fact, now that it’s done, I think it could be useful for someone to suggest an additional five decades to meditate on - scripture has not been fully mined of rosary-worthy mysteries.
Apples do not fall far from their trees and opinions do not fall far from their sources.I would appreciate imput on these two articles. What do you think?
Twenty Mysteries of the Rosary?
Naturalism and the Rosary
The Seattle Catholic was an Internet-based publication that ran from 2001-2006. The site has now become a repository for articles and the News Archive. Though many of the articles are very interesting and well written,** there is a consistent pattern of rejecting the Church’s authority over the Liturgy by condemning Vatican II and the New Mass. **
*]Fidelity: http://www.catholicculture.org/images/bugs/masters/red_bullet.gif Danger!