What does God's Revelation come from

  • Thread starter Thread starter apologiststuden
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

apologiststuden

Guest
Hi

I am doing a theology apologist project where I have to defend the sources God’s Revelation. Could you please give me some ideas? Thanks!
 
You could begin with defining what God’s Revelation is. Here is a good point of reference:

DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON DIVINE REVELATION
DEI VERBUM
 
You could look at the articles on revelation in the New Catholic Encyclopedia and look in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, section 74 and following. Hopefully, both are in your local library. I am not sure though precisely what you need to know. Perhaps you haven’t narrowed down your topic. Do you need to know the Catholic sources of revelation, such as Scripture and tradition, or perhaps God as revealer, or perhaps inspired men as the source? Or are you supposed to defend the possibility that there is Christian revelation in the first place? Hopefully, though the two sources I mentioned will help.
 
You could look at the articles on revelation in the New Catholic Encyclopedia and look in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, section 74 and following. Hopefully, both are in your local library. I am not sure though precisely what you need to know. Perhaps you haven’t narrowed down your topic. Do you need to know the Catholic sources of revelation, such as Scripture and tradition, or perhaps God as revealer, or perhaps inspired men as the source? Or are you supposed to defend the possibility that there is Christian revelation in the first place, since as I see it is an apologetics source? Hopefully, though the two sources I mentioned will help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top