X
xpistou
Guest
I have an observation and a question.
Observation:
Having read through many posts about annulments on these forums I see a pattern. Very few people mention being turned down for an annulment. I could easily get the impression from reading these posts that the annulment process is a paperwork process that is usually (almost always) granted. I get this same impression talking to people…very rarely do I come across someone who has been denied an annulment. Finally, it seems that often I hear immaturity as a the reason why the annulment was granted.
Question:
We hear in Church teaching and the code of canon law that marriage is a basic right for human beings. Moreover, an annulment is a statement that a marriage never occurred. Therefore, if it is true that the majority of annulments are granted on the grounds of immaturity, doesn’t this mean that tribunals are telling people that they are less than human?
Yours in Christ
Observation:
Having read through many posts about annulments on these forums I see a pattern. Very few people mention being turned down for an annulment. I could easily get the impression from reading these posts that the annulment process is a paperwork process that is usually (almost always) granted. I get this same impression talking to people…very rarely do I come across someone who has been denied an annulment. Finally, it seems that often I hear immaturity as a the reason why the annulment was granted.
Question:
We hear in Church teaching and the code of canon law that marriage is a basic right for human beings. Moreover, an annulment is a statement that a marriage never occurred. Therefore, if it is true that the majority of annulments are granted on the grounds of immaturity, doesn’t this mean that tribunals are telling people that they are less than human?
Yours in Christ