What Does it Mean to:

  • Thread starter Thread starter PJM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PJM

Guest
My friends in Christ;

What does it mean to YOU, “to be United With Christ in Mind and in Spirit?”

Is this even necessary?
 
I guess its to let god into every part of your life,total submission & recognition of his nearness all day every day.For surely after baptism/conformation its his life now,otherwise what was the point of dying for you!
 
the meaning I get is from scriptures:

I am united in mind with Christ meaning
I (supposedly) have (along with all Christians) the mind of Christ because of:
1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

and being united in spirit with Christ to me means having the spirit of Jesus in my heart
Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

to sum
to be united in mind and spirit with Christ
to me means to have the mind of Christ and his spirit in the heart.

I guess it would be necessary for a Christian to have the mind of Chirst otherwise, Christ-mindlessness…and his spirit in my heart otherwise maybe have the spirit of the world in the heart.🤷
 
My friends in Christ;

What does it mean to YOU, “to be United With Christ in Mind and in Spirit?”

Is this even necessary?
God willing that is what happens at Mass when I am participating fully, consciously, and actively by praying and listen to the readings, and through reflecting on the great gifts He has given us.
 
I would say, now that I have accepted Christ as my redeemer I am justified… I am now in union with Jesus growing in holiness with His help through the Holy Spirit and his gift of sanctifing grace. Peace, Carlan
 
Jesus restates the command (Mk 12:30) given in the Old Testament (Deut 6:4) that you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength (e.g. resources), and you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

And, more generally, Jesus told his disciples to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them…, and teaching them to observe all that He has commanded.

There is, to me, nothing less than internalizing all that Jesus taught, and all that is contained in scripture.

Having said that I note that Judaism at one level recognizes 613 commands in the Old Testament and then they have something like 10 more rabbinic commands.

I don’t know that anyone in Christianity has organized into a coherent list the commands that Jesus is referring to. Moses is credited in Deuteronomy has encouraging the Israelites that obedience is within the domain of their free will and intellect.

The commands of Christianity seem more open-ended and almost unending in number. The catechism surely does not list a guide to all human actions. As lengthy as it is, its scope is vaguely “what we believe.”
 
=Carlan;7573817]I would say, now that I have accepted Christ as my redeemer I am justified… I am now in union with Jesus growing in holiness with His help through the Holy Spirit and his gift of sanctifing grace. Peace, Carlan
HANKS to all who have responed so far…TOO many to reply to each:o

Carlin; what do you mean “I am now Justified”?..

Welcome Home!,

God Bless,
Pat
 
HANKS to all who have responed so far…TOO many to reply to each:o

Carlin; what do you mean “I am now Justified”?..

Welcome Home!,

God Bless,
Pat
Actually Pat I have been home for a very, very, long time:)
I was talking about the process, You know , I have been saved, I am being saved, and I hope to be saved! Trusting in God in the meantime:D Peace, Carlan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top