What does my guardian angel actually do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LonelyMole
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion, why did your guardian angel pull you coat loose after you’d been pulled to the ground, but not prevent your coat from getting caught in the truck door in the first place?
Perhaps it helps us to recognize and appreciate the Lord’s hand, through the guardian angel, in certain scenarios where we are so helpless.
 
My poor guardian angel is probably like, “Really Kendra!?” facepalm

If I make it to Heaven, I so need to apologize to it.
 
My Guardian Angel stayed me from taking my own life. Twice.

I was a bullied child, and in the Portuguise system, the bullied is always seen as the one who tauts the bullies…so, I was so desperate that I tried to take my life by jumping off my 5th floor window…20 meters away from the ground. When I was about to jump, I heard a voice calling my name and saying “what in heavens are you doing?” to what I answered withought looking back “I want to end it all”. Suddently, I feel myself being pulled back to to ground and hugged as the words “There are other ways to make it stop. Trust into God, that He shall direct your path.”

Since then, I went though seven more years of emotional and physical torture, including a near-rape. My Guardian Angel always “inspired” me on my way to talk myself out of some situations, and even when I was sent to the hospital after beatings, I could always feel his powerfull and cherishing force comforting me after those trials when I had nobody to turn to. I must say, to put things at context, that I live in an atheist family, and that I was actively disencouraged of practicing any type of religion then, so God wasen’t exactly on my thoughts. But after those events…I defied my family and embarqued on a faith journey which lead me to where I am now.

For a reason I consecrated myself to St Michael the Archangel, and my primary devotion becides my duties as a lay religious is to the Holy Angels, then to the Holy Souls.
 
I guess they look and see you do dumb things and think to themselves how they would have done things better than you
 
I guess they look and see you do dumb things and think to themselves how they would have done things better than you
I pray the Chaplet to St. Micheal every night. Toward the end, you say an Our Father for St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael, and your Guardian Angel. I make it a point to throw in a Hail Mary as well for my Guardian Angel.
 
In your opinion, why did your guardian angel pull you coat loose after you’d been pulled to the ground, but not prevent your coat from getting caught in the truck door in the first place?
I don’t know Nixbits…but my thoughts are that God permitted me to experience a consequence of my own thoughtlessness, gave me a life-changing realization of how quickly our life can change/be ended (I’ll never forget the episode!), yet it wasn’t the time He wanted me to die yet.

It also brought my husband and I closer. He was horrified that he had almost run over me, and I think it was an eye-opening situation for him, too on how easily our lives can change, and to always be ready to meet God.

And Nixbits…who knows how many things in our lives COULD have happened and didn’t because of the intervention of our Guardian Angels. Those are some of the things we’ll find out in eternity, I guess!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top