What does my guardian angel actually do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LonelyMole
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psalms 91:10-12 comes to mind.

10 No disaster can overtake you, no plague come near your tent;

11 he has given his angels orders about you to guard you wherever you go.

12 They will carry you in their arms in case you trip over a stone.
 
The duties of the guardian angels are mysterious. So we know a little about it by revelation in the Scriptures, a little bit from sacred Tradition, a little bit from analysis and deduction of those previous two things… and everything else, we just gotta wait and find out.

All humans have guardian angels, so obviously it has something to do with God protecting us as His image and likeness.

The guardian angels constantly guard us, but they also constantly stand in God’s presence, praying for us. (Mt. 18:10) They probably protect us from demons doing bad stuff, although apparently not from everything that demons do. They also seem to protect us from some physical dangers, although again, they are not allowed to stop everything bad that can happen to us. They do what they do on God’s orders. Sometimes they seem to be allowed to work miracles, as with the angel who let Peter out of prison.

My feeling is that guardian angels level the playing field for us, in some mysterious way.
 
He is constantly praying on your behalf, guides you, and protects you from the evil one. The more you pray for his intercession and listen to him, the further you will go in your spiritual life.
 
He guards you spiritually, he won’t stop you bashing your knee against the coffee table but he is like a shield, the shield doesn’t jump into your hand, the shield waits for you to pick him up. You must ask for help, he won’t force it on you as you have free will.

I sometimes ask my guardian angel to speak to my wife’s guardian angel or asking mine to chase any demons away from my house usually when my wife is angry with me.
 
The guardian angels are mostly concerned about our salvation. They can inspire us to do good.

We can honor them by thanking them for what they do, and pray to be open to their inspirations.
 
Mine is also good at keeping track of where I lose things and guiding me back to them.

Also, he will guide you to parking spaces. šŸ˜‰
 
I firmly believe our guardian angels sometimes provide powerful physical protection to us.

About 7-8 years ago DH and I were going to a play at a Church. He dropped me off in front and was going to park the truck. I had a longish coat on and it was unzipped…when I got out and shut the door, the bottom of my coat was caught in the door. DH started to drive off and I was knocked face first on the pavement, with the back tires coming right at me. It all happened so fast I just had time to think ā€œThis is itā€ and I could hear someone screaming in the background (there was an elderly lady at the church door who saw the whole thing).

My husband heard her scream and hit his brake, and got out when he didn’t see me. That poor old lady came as fast as she could, too. Somehow, miraculously (thank you Angel!) my coat had come loose from the door.

Though I was severely scraped and bruised I didn’t have so much as a sprain from it. I know I was spared from serious injury, if not death that night, and I totally believe that my Guardian Angel helped me.
 
Your Guardian Angel is real. Your Angel is a true light, and positive force. I invoke the classic prayer for my Guardian Angel at least twice every day. You are truly blessed to have this Angel, protector, and constant spiritual companion. The Angel is part of God’s eternal love for you. Your Angel watches over you.

The prayer:

Oh Angel of God,
My Guardian Dear,
To whom God’s love
Commits me here.
Ever this day (night)
Be at my Side
To light, and guard,
To rule, and guide.

Peace be with you. I hope you get to know your Angel.
 
I think it was Mother Angelica that reported that her Guardian Angel snatched her from the path of a car. I don’t remember any of the details.
 
Where are the guardian angels of the 1000s of young girls, sold into sex slavery and other horrors? Im talking about the 10, 12 yr olds and probably younger!.. I can understand if someone dies or is killed by another, it can be said it was their time to go, but all the horrible things people do unto others, (especially innocent kids) who are not able to defend themselves or stop any of this, seems unlikely they have literal guardians protecting them to me.

I think the term ā€˜guardian angel’ has another meaning and we are just taking it literally, which in many other instances, people say we should not do.
 
40.png
Pax2u:
I know I was spared from serious injury, if not death that night, and I totally believe that my Guardian Angel helped me.
In your opinion, why did your guardian angel pull you coat loose after you’d been pulled to the ground, but not prevent your coat from getting caught in the truck door in the first place?
 
They lead you to God, prompt you to prayer and virtue, and love you more than you could possibly imagine!
 
Where are the guardian angels of the 1000s of young girls, sold into sex slavery and other horrors? Im talking about the 10, 12 yr olds and probably younger!.. I can understand if someone dies or is killed by another, it can be said it was their time to go, but all the horrible things people do unto others, (especially innocent kids) who are not able to defend themselves or stop any of this, seems unlikely they have literal guardians protecting them to me.

I think the term ā€˜guardian angel’ has another meaning and we are just taking it literally, which in many other instances, people say we should not do.
It is their job to lead us to salvation. A common misconception is that they keep us out of physical and emotional harm’s way constantly. They keep us out of physical harm’s way in many ways, when the Lord allows them to.

It is inspiring to hear the stories many have to tell about their guardian angels.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top