What Does the Catholic Church Teach About God?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rynard
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rynard

Guest
I used to have a lot of resources at my disposal to help me answer this question, but now it’s been years and I have lost contact with those resources, so now I am at a loss for information… Sad, but hey, it doesn’t mean I can’t ask it here! 🙂

So if you could help me out on this semi-basic topic, it would be cool…
 
Do you want resources only or our replies or both. Just asking for clarification. 🙂

Resources: the Creeds, the Catechism of the Catholic Church would be the first place to start.

My reply: God is. It’s that simple. He is beyond our full knowledge, but he has revealed himself in his Son, Christ Jesus. Read Jesus’ words and you will know who God is.
 
I used to have a lot of resources at my disposal to help me answer this question, but now it’s been years and I have lost contact with those resources, so now I am at a loss for information… Sad, but hey, it doesn’t mean I can’t ask it here! 🙂

So if you could help me out on this semi-basic topic, it would be cool…
There is a list of infallibly declared dogmas, as well as doctrines which I think are unanimously attested in Tradition, at this link. That list gives you plenty to know about God. I think the first 153 items, except for the first one, as well as items 169 to 193, are what I think you are looking for.
 
Do you want resources only or our replies or both. Just asking for clarification. 🙂
I was thinking a little of both :). What you replied with was nice.
That list gives you plenty to know about God. I think the first 153 items, except for the first one, as well as items 169 to 193, are what I think you are looking for.
This will do nicely. Maybe it sums up what I was looking for… handy.
 
I used to have a lot of resources at my disposal to help me answer this question, but now it’s been years and I have lost contact with those resources, so now I am at a loss for information… Sad, but hey, it doesn’t mean I can’t ask it here! 🙂

So if you could help me out on this semi-basic topic, it would be cool…
I think this 10 minute video might help you quite a bit.

“Fr Barron-What Christians mean by God” - youtu.be/W_Yjue8MXAI
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top