What does the church teach about referring to transgender people?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Senyorico
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Thorolfr:
If addiction is not a disease, then what is it?
A choice. I have that genetic predisposition that you speak of. It does not mean I did not choose every single drink or hit of dope I took. And nothing will convince me otherwise. What people who were never drug addicts or alcoholics do not understand is that drug addicts can both want to stop and not want to stop at the same time. Most assume that if they could stop they would, so they must have a disease. I’ll tell you as a ex addict and alcoholic that chances are they do not really want to stop.

It’s when the will to stop is greater that you stop. Just because it’s hard to stop does not make addiction a disease.
But it’s not hard for everyone to stop. So, the fact that it’s extremely hard for some people would, in my opinion, make whatever it is that makes it hard, in this case, an addiction, a disease or disorder.
 
But it’s not hard for everyone to stop. So, the fact that it’s extremely hard for some people would, in my opinion, make whatever it is that makes it hard, in this case, an addiction, a disease or disorder.
So then when something is harder for some then others where do we draw the line when labeling something a disease? Just because something is harder for some to do as opposed to others, it has to be a disease? That does not make sense. I can’t draw for beans when others can draw beautifully. Is that a disease? I have a hard time stopping eating so much. To the point I was morbidly obese in my teens. Obesity is a disease but just because others can stop eating and I could not, did that mean I had a disease?

I bet 99.9% of addiction experts have never even been addicts or alcoholics. They are only on the outside looking in. They want addiction to be called a disease so they can make money off it. That is all. 12 step rehab’s charge thousands of dollars for treatment and all they do is indoctrinate you with 12 step philosophy, which can be done for free. Addiction as a disease is a business.

Gonna let you in on something. I have been to a rehab for addiction. Do you know why they told me alcoholism is a disease? Because no normal person would want to do that (I presume get addicted to something) but we still did it, therefore, it must be a disease… How stupid a explanation is that? But THAT is why they millions of addicts choose to run around claiming to have a disease. Because they were taught that same nonsense. My Grandfather had cancer. THAT is a disease. I choose to get drunk and high and it was hard to stop… Not the same thing.
 
Last edited:
Gonna let you in on something. I have been to a rehab for addiction. Do you know why they told me alcoholism is a disease? Because no normal person would want to do that (I presume get addicted to something) but we still did it, therefore, it must be a disease… How stupid a explanation is that? But THAT is why they millions of addicts choose to run around claiming to have a disease. Because they were taught that same nonsense. My Grandfather had cancer. THAT is a disease. I choose to get drunk and high and it was hard to stop… Not the same thing.
The rehab’s explanation doesn’t sound that stupid to me. If everyday someone has a hard time waiting their turn and can’t help talking too much, interrupting other people in conversations, leaving their seat when they should remain seated and is easily distracted it might be a disease because no normal person would want to be like that. And in fact it probably is a disease since those are all symptoms of ADHD. People with ADHD who have those symptoms don’t choose to talk too much or interrupt other people all the time, etc. They just can’t seem to help themselves.
 
Last edited:
Their definition is faulty. It’s saying “you could not help yourself” the problem is that it strips someone of their free will. It is saying “you did not have a choice” and that is wrong and dangerous. I’m here, a living breathing ex addict and drunk that is saying “yes, I had a choice. I knew I could become addicted and I choose to keep using drugs and drinking. Yes, it was my choice” so much for “disease” Those told they have a disease are more likely to claim it was not their fault and take on a victims mentality. Then, of course, it’s harder for them to quit.
 
Last edited:
The word gender ultimately means “kind” or “type,” as in male or female.
 
Only two genders, yep. Man and woman He created them. No Catholic can hold otherwise (though some poorly catechized Catholics do).
 
But it’s not hard for everyone to stop. So, the fact that it’s extremely hard for some people would, in my opinion, make whatever it is that makes it hard, in this case, an addiction, a disease or disorder
Arguably via observation and evidences
  • a Disorder from Nature; … a serious “sexaholic” addiction for many…
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top