What God has done for me

  • Thread starter Thread starter LoveMorrissey
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LoveMorrissey

Guest
I was going to write a blog post about the turnaround my life has taken since becoming involved with the Catholic Church but I thought it may be more appropriate to post it here and share it with you wonderful people.

Two years ago I was an Atheist. I didn’t care about anyone but myself. While this may not be a fair representation of Atheism I think it’s fair to say there is a lot of selfishness engrained in many people who chose to believe their actions have no consequences.

Back in 2013 I was sectioned under the mental health act. I had done many stupid things, suffering from Depression and Anxiety and in the close of that year I went to my local Catholic Church for the first time.

I could go on and on but to cut it short last year I started going every week, I prayed that God look after the Christians being persecuted in the Middle East, I prayed for my former friends in the Psychiatric unit and finally that God may direct me on how to live a fulfilling life.

We as a family truly believe he has answered my prayers. The Depression is no longer a major issue and although I still struggle with anxiety, I now turn to God in prayer and not medication to help me. And he does.

On Sunday I’ll be confirmed and I just wanted to thank you all on here for being an outstanding beacon of knowledge 👍

God Bless you all

Andy
 
Hi Andy,

Congratulations on your upcoming Confirmation Sunday!

I am so happy for you!

Welcome to the Catholic Church, too.

May God bless you on your journey of faith, too. 🙂

I am so happy to also hear that you are doing better, and feeling better too. That is also great news!
 
Wow, that’s wonderful news, congratulations and welcome home! :bounce:
Thanks for sharing your story with us, and may God always look after you so that you will continue to flourish.
 
I was going to write a blog post about the turnaround my life has taken since becoming involved with the Catholic Church but I thought it may be more appropriate to post it here and share it with you wonderful people.

Two years ago I was an Atheist. I didn’t care about anyone but myself. While this may not be a fair representation of Atheism I think it’s fair to say there is a lot of selfishness engrained in many people who chose to believe their actions have no consequences.

Back in 2013 I was sectioned under the mental health act. I had done many stupid things, suffering from Depression and Anxiety and in the close of that year I went to my local Catholic Church for the first time.

I could go on and on but to cut it short last year I started going every week, I prayed that God look after the Christians being persecuted in the Middle East, I prayed for my former friends in the Psychiatric unit and finally that God may direct me on how to live a fulfilling life.

We as a family truly believe he has answered my prayers. The Depression is no longer a major issue and although I still struggle with anxiety, I now turn to God in prayer and not medication to help me. And he does.

On Sunday I’ll be confirmed and I just wanted to thank you all on here for being an outstanding beacon of knowledge 👍

God Bless you all

Andy
Great story… love Morrissey too… youtube.com/watch?v=rjeMWCa716E
 
So glad you feel less depressed and you and your doctors were able to get you off medication that you did not need.
Good for you!
Did your former friends in the psychiatric unit improve?
And the Christians in the Middle East…your prayers must have made a difference.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that it is not a fair representation to say that just because a person doesn’t believe there is a God, he/she is a selfish person. That’s not true at all, as you point out, and would make no sense.
The Atheists I know are the most selfless people I’ve ever met (sometimes, it’s because of their beliefs that they are this way!)

I will correct you, tho, that Atheists think their actions have no consequences. This is not true at all.

Good luck and hope you continue to improve with your depression and anxieties.

.
👍 I managed to switch GP’s which also made a big difference. My former doctor is actually a practising Catholic as well so she will be there when I receive communion on the 4th of April.

Must admit I’m a bit nervous about tomorrow but I know it’s worth it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top