What happened to Miley Cyrus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7_Sorrows
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
7

7_Sorrows

Guest
I am watching a concert on NBC of miley in barcelona.
This is terrible! She has a powerful voice and is talented but this is terrible music and dance. I would want my money back.

The sad part is there are so many young girls in the audience.
Seems like adult entertainment to me.

After watching this-not sure if miley cyrus really has a career!
 
Wrecking her career, in much the same way as Justin Bieber is…

Too many “Yes men” hanging around…
 
According to reports, NBC heavily censored the live portion of the show. As you know, she is into twerking and all that entails.

As for what happened to Miley, I guess she lacks guidance of an older, wiser person, someone who could help develop her career. I think she would benefit if she listened to advice of people who have extensive experience in the entertainment industry. According to the Daily Beast, she seems to be heavily influenced by the party-club sub-culture.

Anyone who’s been to Beacher’s Madhouse, the vaudeville-meets-gonzo nightlife venue in L.A. and Vegas—and one of Cyrus’s favorite haunts—is very familiar with the pop star’s live routine. She’s pretty much copied it beat-for-beat, even factoring in several of the cast members, including the furries, mini Britney Spears, Amazon Ashley—a seven-foot tall busty black woman, and more. But it’s far different seeing all this while sipping on booze in a 21+ caliginous club than, say, taking your kid to see it at a Cyrus concert, or taking it in from the comfort of your couch. If you’re not on psychedelics, and I hope these little kids the camera keeps cutting to aren’t, then it comes off as sensory overload. I’m still not sure what the audience is for this—presumably the same twenty-something party kids who’d frequent Beacher’s—but it doesn’t seem like any place for an impressionable tween
news.yahoo.com/miley-cyrus-nbc-twerk-thon-030500006–politics.html

(note: the article contains a mild swear word, as well as mention of some of her performance which was censored.)
 
Britney Spears acted similarly in the early 2000s. I had the displeasure of seeing her in concert with my teen daughters. There was enough raunch and sexual innuendo in her dancing to make me very glad that our seats were close to the arena ceiling.
 
I finally turned it off. I couldn’t take anymore.
That was all over the place. The one good song that shows her potential was I Adore You. But they had the kiss cam which showed heterosexuals kissing - but there were more same sex couples kissing.
One performance had a giant bed with all these different people coming up out of the bed. Nothing made sense.

She definitely needs guidance and better people around her if she wants to mature as a performer. I would have walked out with my daughter. That was garbage!
 
I think many people here have answered the question of what happened to her, but what I’d like to know is why on earth is there a market for this type of garbage?
 
Should one go to a KISS concert instead? I’d rather go to a KISS concert instead of a Miley Cyrus concert. I realize that the lyrics of many KISS songs are sexual in nature, but that’s not the case for all of the band’s songs. Sadly, I can’t say that Paul Stanley sings all that good these days. Check out this footage from American Idol and judge for yourself.
 
Should one go to a KISS concert instead? I’d rather go to a KISS concert instead of a Miley Cyrus concert. I realize that the lyrics of many KISS songs are sexual in nature, but that’s not the case for all of the band’s songs. Sadly, I can’t say that Paul Stanley sings all that good these days. Check out this footage from American Idol and judge for yourself.
I’ve noticed that with a lot of the older rock bands. That rock n’ roll living isn’t conducive to good health for the vocal chords.

The only older band I saw where the singer can still hit the high notes was Stryper. That’s what clean Christian living offers you. 🙂

Miley has regrettably gone the way of many before her once she hit 18. It’s kind of sad what the industry does to kids. Before they turn 18, they need a clean image. No one is going to buy stuff from a young kid who is known to be into drugs and sex. But then after they turn 18, the clean image is viewed as a liability to be cast aside as quickly and with as much fanfare as possible.

I still recall seeing discussion threads from back in the day about how Miley/Hannah Montana was a great role model and with her it would be different. Sadly, it has not been.
 
All right. Miley made a quick twenty-five million or so.

Now, if she’s really smart, she’ll invest it in safe, conservative stocks. By the time she’s my age she could be a billionaire.

But she’ll probably blow it in bad real estate investments and insane spending to make herself look like a big success.
Meanwhile, some new kids will come along with new shticks that take away Miley’s audience.

Very sad. 😦
 
I don’t think she was hurting for money. All of the years Hannah Montana was on tv she made loads of money. I am sure she really does not need to be working. I hope after this tour she takes some time off and rethinks her life and her career.

I don’t know what the price the tickets are for her shows.
Why would anyone waste their money on that.
She doesn’t even look like she is enjoying herself.
 
Should one go to a KISS concert instead? I’d rather go to a KISS concert instead of a Miley Cyrus concert. I realize that the lyrics of many KISS songs are sexual in nature, but that’s not the case for all of the band’s songs. Sadly, I can’t say that Paul Stanley sings all that good these days. Check out this footage from American Idol and judge for yourself.
KISS? Never again. Not after the way Paul and Gene treated Ace and Peter over the Hall of Fame induction.
 
KISS? Never again. Not after the way Paul and Gene treated Ace and Peter over the Hall of Fame induction.
Eddie Trunk doesn’t think the four original members of KISS should reunite and go out on tour at this point in time. After all, if Paul Stanley can’t really sing anymore…

Going back to the Miley Cyrus situation, I’d rather listen to songs Debbie Gibson and Tiffany recorded in the late '80s. I have a feeling Miley would not have had the success she has enjoyed if Debbie and Tiffany hadn’t blazed the trail previously.
 
Wrecking her career, in much the same way as Justin Bieber is…

Too many “Yes men” hanging around…
I wouldnt exactly call it ‘wrecking her career’ when she can bring down $25 million and fill stadiums around the world.

I dont care for her music, but then again, Im an adult male almost 40 yrs old, so its not my thing anyway, but Id say ANY person with little education, in their early/mid 20s can bring down that kind of money…is pretty successful in my opinion!
 
I think many people here have answered the question of what happened to her, but what I’d like to know is why on earth is there a market for this type of garbage?
Same here, the quality of musical talent is in decline, record studios pretty much make the voices sound pitch perfect, but during a live concert they are terrible.
 
Same here, the quality of musical talent is in decline, record studios pretty much make the voices sound pitch perfect, but during a live concert they are terrible.
Whoever directed or produced this concert from song choice to set design to choreography - it was all bad. I think miley is a cute and sweet girl and has talent but until she decides what her niche is or the direction she wants to take it isn’t going to be pretty. She DOESN’T need to be performing in skimpy outfits and doing nasty things.
That is not a sign of talent. Hope she can transition through this stage quickly.
 
I am watching a concert on NBC of miley in barcelona.
This is terrible! She has a powerful voice and is talented but this is terrible music and dance. I would want my money back.

The sad part is there are so many young girls in the audience.
Seems like adult entertainment to me.

After watching this-not sure if miley cyrus really has a career!
who cares ?
 
who cares ?
Cyrus earned $76.5 million last year. I do not know who is buying her music, but she has a large fanbase. As a comparison, Beyonce earned $57 million last year.

Singer-songwriter Miley Cyrus, 21, earned a whopping $76.5 million (est.)! After her scandalous appearance on MTV’s Video Music Awards, downloads of her single “Wrecking Ball” shot up 124 percent. Fun fact: At the height of her Hannah Montana fame in 2010, Forbes estimated the teen was making $48 million.

parade.condenast.com/278830/parade/take-a-peek-inside-americans-and-celebrities-paychecks/
 
Cyrus earned $76.5 million last year. I do not know who is buying her music, but she has a large fanbase. As a comparison, Beyonce earned $57 million last year.

Singer-songwriter Miley Cyrus, 21, earned a whopping $76.5 million (est.)! After her scandalous appearance on MTV’s Video Music Awards, downloads of her single “Wrecking Ball” shot up 124 percent. Fun fact: At the height of her Hannah Montana fame in 2010, Forbes estimated the teen was making $48 million.

parade.condenast.com/278830/parade/take-a-peek-inside-americans-and-celebrities-paychecks/
I can’t imagine what it must be like to be so young and have so much money!
I am not sure I could handle that amount of money as a 62 year old let alone as a 21 year old.
Hopefully her dad is helping her.
Thanks for the facts!
 
Its a generation thing…I heard my grandparents talking about popular music my parents liked back in the 1970s, like Led Zepplin, Emerson lake Palmer, Grateful Dead, etc. My grandparents could not understand why these bands were so popular, they thought it was all noise!

How we as adults today feel about Miley and similar music, also the ‘act’ she puts on, its the same thing as generations past…and todays generation that likes Miley…when they grow up and have kids, Im sure they will not understand their kids music.

Plus, I dont think alot of people understand Miley and entertainers like her…she is conveying an image, this image was probably discussed in board rooms, the Miley we see on TV and in the news is probably not the real person, we are only seeing what they want us to see, they give her an image to convey in order to bring in more fans…Id say, if we knew how the REAL miley acted, we would not recognize her…Its all an ACT.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top