What happened to Miley Cyrus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7_Sorrows
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
She might know it is an act but what about the young imptessionable youth whose parents took them to the concert.
 
She might know it is an act but what about the young imptessionable youth whose parents took them to the concert.
 
Same here, the quality of musical talent is in decline, record studios pretty much make the voices sound pitch perfect, but during a live concert they are terrible.
Eddie Trunk not only thinks that Paul Stanley doesn’t sound good live anymore, but he also thinks Paul didn’t sound good on Monster, the most recent KISS album.
 
Miley Cyrus died when Hannah Montana did. It is sorta sad really that she would choose to sell all respect for her in order to sell ticket to her concert. It is sadder that many young girls follow this trend along with her.
 
Id say, if we knew how the REAL miley acted, we would not recognize her…Its all an ACT.
It is good to remember the distinction between her stage persona and her real life persona. They are not the same and, for her sake, that is good.

Six years ago, when she was 15 y.o., she was interviewed by the magazine Vanity Fair. The article is best remembered for the controversial photos, taken by Annie Lebovitz, which accompanied the piece.

In the article, the interviewer asks her if she is worried that her personal life would implode in early adulthood, as happened to Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan. Her reply, as written by the interviewer:

“No, cuz I mean—everyone has their time. And I think most 21- to 25-year-olds go through this kind of thing. It’s just not on a platform—you know what I mean? Basically, they’re being normal 21-year-olds, especially Lindsay. I mean, most of that’s pretty normal. If you went to most high schools, I could point out Britneys and Lindsays.” She could point out the real ones too: she knows both and says they talk from time to time, which is another thing that I can’t imagine her minders at Disney want to hear. “Yeah,” she continues. “I guess that’s why I’m so adamant about the Britneys and Lindsays and whatever, because I know those people and I know they have good hearts and they’re struggling.”

You seem so well adjusted, I say, which is probably the worst thing an adult can tell a 15-year-old.

“That’s just my personality. I don’t get shaken or stirred up over anything. Which can be a problem sometimes. I’m just, like, so no emotions. I just don’t let things faze me. I’m very much like my dad. My dad’s like this.” True, it must be useful to have a father who weathered ridicule for both “Achy Breaky Heart,” his 1992 hit, and his mullet haircut of the same period.

The real question is: How do you grow up in public, both as a person and as a commodity? For every Jodie Foster or Brooke Shields there are a dozen Gary Colemans.
vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/06/miley200806#

I may be uninformed, but I don’t think her personal life as spun out of control. That is a good thing, and I wish her the very best. Growing up under a microscope has got to be incredibly stressful.
 
Its a generation thing…I heard my grandparents talking about popular music my parents liked back in the 1970s, like Led Zepplin, Emerson lake Palmer, Grateful Dead, etc. My grandparents could not understand why these bands were so popular, they thought it was all noise!

How we as adults today feel about Miley and similar music, also the ‘act’ she puts on, its the same thing as generations past…and todays generation that likes Miley…when they grow up and have kids, Im sure they will not understand their kids music.

Plus, I dont think alot of people understand Miley and entertainers like her…she is conveying an image, this image was probably discussed in board rooms, the Miley we see on TV and in the news is probably not the real person, we are only seeing what they want us to see, they give her an image to convey in order to bring in more fans…Id say, if we knew how the REAL miley acted, we would not recognize her…Its all an ACT.
But in the 70s there existed music that was easier to listen to, like the Carpenters and
ABBA, It all depended on the taste of the listener. There was disco as well. But many absolutely HATED disco because it was popular with blacks and homosexuals.

I greive for popular music in it’s current state, so much is just talking to a beat. Where is the music in that? Now I like what is called classic rock, like Led Zephlin (sp). And even some early disco. But my age is showing because I also like the standards like Cole Porter.
 
Well I remember when I was in my 20’s
I had a college education and went from being very conservative to living on the wild side! I thought I was smarter than everybody else and felt as long as I accepted responsibility for myself I would emerge unscathed. Satan is waiting and watching for his moment.
So I hope she will ask God to watch over her. I thought I was so smart I didn’t need God anymore. Big mistake! Sometimes you can’t go back and be the person you used to be.
 
She might know it is an act but what about the young imptessionable youth whose parents took them to the concert.
Well, the people that we should be talking about are Mileys handlers and those executives that tell her how to act, what to wear, things to do, in order to keep her name in the headlines, etc. I can tell you, it is NOT miley Cyrus who is making these decisions, she has a large group of people telling her every move to make.

Most girls her age would have NO interest in being told every move to make, BUT, if they offer $25 million a year…Well, that changes everything, and celebs like her agree to these crazy terms.

I get frustrated when I hear parents blasting her for things she does, when they should realize its not miley deciding to act like this or do these things…I cant understand why they dont see this.

So, you have to wonder what their agenda is…kinda scary! I know they are trying to make as much money as possible and every action is an attempt in that direction, they are ‘selling’ mileys image, they are trying to sway young girls minds, and make them think, YES, this is how I want to act, these are the things I want to do too…then they go out and buy things.

Id go as far to assume, even in interviews, Miley (and other celebs) are probably given the questions well in advance, and executives decide how she should answer, what she should say, what she should NOT say, I imagine every single word out of her mouth is scripted and well thought out in advance by people in boardrooms! I could not live like this, even if I was bringing down millions! lol
 
But in the 70s there existed music that was easier to listen to, like the Carpenters and
ABBA, It all depended on the taste of the listener. There was disco as well. But many absolutely HATED disco because it was popular with blacks and homosexuals.

I greive for popular music in it’s current state, so much is just talking to a beat. Where is the music in that? Now I like what is called classic rock, like Led Zephlin (sp). And even some early disco. But my age is showing because I also like the standards like Cole Porter.
Im with you, I like Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Rush, Boston, Journey, Grateful dead, Emerson, lake and Palmer, etc. I also like some disco, mostly Bee Gees…I LOVE Barrys voice!!

But if you look back to the late 60s and 70s, the parents of young people back then HATED this kind of music, they could not understand it, they didnt even consider it music, Just noise! Same thing as today and popular music.

I guarantee when young people today get older and have kids, their kids will like music that their parents dont understand and probably will not like, they will tell their kids about music they listened to back in the early 2000s, and how that was good music! Its a cycle and will never end, it all boils down to youth rebelling, trying to ‘shock’ their parents, etc.
 
You could be right Mikele. Her record company could be behind it.
Miley"s concert is a blend of katy perry and lady gaga.
I get do tired of her saying she is like normal 19 and 20 year olds.
 
Im with you, I like Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Rush, Boston, Journey, Grateful dead, Emerson, lake and Palmer, etc. I also like some disco, mostly Bee Gees…I LOVE Barrys voice!!

But if you look back to the late 60s and 70s, the parents of young people back then HATED this kind of music, they could not understand it, they didnt even consider it music, Just noise! Same thing as today and popular music.

I guarantee when young people today get older and have kids, their kids will like music that their parents dont understand and probably will not like, they will tell their kids about music they listened to back in the early 2000s, and how that was good music! Its a cycle and will never end, it all boils down to youth rebelling, trying to ‘shock’ their parents, etc.
I very much agree. In the late 60s, early 70s my parents liked Hee Haw on television and things like the Porter Wagoner show.
To they day they listened to the music they grew up with. hillbilly music. Basically that was all they had available on AM radio and vinyl records.

My theory is that people like the music they had when they were teenagers and just stop.
But my parents wanted me to have some culture, they bought me season tickets to the symphony and the civic concert series. But they would never think of going themselves.

Step Dad hated the music of the day, he even called Three Dog Night the “three dog bites”. I grew up listening to pop music on KCRS AM. The classic rock came later, and disco even later than that, I liked Donna Summer.

But I got stuck just like my parents, and absolutely hate rap and hip-hop. It’s just noise and dirty talk to me.
 
I very much agree. In the late 60s, early 70s my parents liked Hee Haw on television and things like the Porter Wagoner show.
To they day they listened to the music they grew up with. hillbilly music. Basically that was all they had available on AM radio and vinyl records.

My theory is that people like the music they had when they were teenagers and just stop.
But my parents wanted me to have some culture, they bought me season tickets to the symphony and the civic concert series. But they would never think of going themselves.

Step Dad hated the music of the day, he even called Three Dog Night the “three dog bites”. I grew up listening to pop music on KCRS AM. The classic rock came later, and disco even later than that, I liked Donna Summer.

But I got stuck just like my parents, and absolutely hate rap and hip-hop. It’s just noise and dirty talk to me.
yep, its definitely a generational thing!

I often wonder what music will be like when todays young people grow up to become older adults, the type of music their kids will be into…?? I mean, looking at some of the antics of Miley and others like her, its hard to think things could get a whole lot more immoral…but Im sure they will find some way to shock the adults of that time! LOL

With todays young people, its definitely rap and hip hop, so that tells me, whatever the type of music coming, it WILL NOT be rap/ hip hop, it will probably be something totally new, although I cant even begin to think what that may be.
 
Miley is trying to be “more mature” and “herself.” Grrrllllll Empowerment!
 
I very much agree. In the late 60s, early 70s my parents liked Hee Haw on television and things like the Porter Wagoner show.
To they day they listened to the music they grew up with. hillbilly music. Basically that was all they had available on AM radio and vinyl records.

My theory is that people like the music they had when they were teenagers and just stop.
But my parents wanted me to have some culture, they bought me season tickets to the symphony and the civic concert series. But they would never think of going themselves.

Step Dad hated the music of the day, he even called Three Dog Night the “three dog bites”. I grew up listening to pop music on KCRS AM. The classic rock came later, and disco even later than that, I liked Donna Summer.

But I got stuck just like my parents, and absolutely hate rap and hip-hop. It’s just noise and dirty talk to me.
The allowance of finding a source of revenue for such music allowed the emergence of today’s music. It really is “pushing the envelope” and seeing what is gotten away with. It’s a slow slippery slope. You give them an inch, they you given them another, then the next thing they’ll be in your room dancing with their pants off all while singing about same “love” and saying “It’s totally relative, you dad hated your music and you hate my music!”
 
I wouldnt exactly call it ‘wrecking her career’ when she can bring down $25 million and fill stadiums around the world.

I dont care for her music, but then again, Im an adult male almost 40 yrs old, so its not my thing anyway, but Id say ANY person with little education, in their early/mid 20s can bring down that kind of money…is pretty successful in my opinion!
We have different definition of success then.
 
Miley Cyrus died when Hannah Montana did. It is sorta sad really that she would choose to sell all respect for her in order to sell ticket to her concert. It is sadder that many young girls follow this trend along with her.
It’s going after the easily impressed and gullible – get 'em while their young before they realize how horrid the music and act is. That’s why they cater to the young because if the producers tried to sell this to college students and adults they’d probably be laughed at in public.
 
It’s going after the easily impressed and gullible – get 'em while their young before they realize how horrid the music and act is. That’s why they cater to the young because if the producers tried to sell this to college students and adults they’d probably be laughed at in public.
Yep, this is their goal, (not the actual singer/performer though), their handlers and executives that pay her, are the ones who want to corrupt as many young people as possible.

It may sound a bit like ‘tin foil hat on to tight’, but you have to wonder what the real agenda here is, I have a feeling all the execs get together in board rooms and discuss ways they can continually corrupt the young tweens that follow entertainers like this…I think this is probably linked to Satans control over this industry, we all know what his agenda is, whose to say he cant recruit some immoral people to further his goals.I think this has likely been going on for a very long time too, and probably is much more detailed and in depth than we can imagine.

It is very strange to me that Satan is so successful in this area, but no matter what is tried, it is difficult to get tween aged kids into religion/ God, I thought God was always more powerful/ successful?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top