What happens to those who have never heard about Jesus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mvilladefreitas
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was addressed at two Lutheran churches that I know of, both pastors saying that “Everyone has heard of Jesus.” The pastor claimed that they rejected Jesus. He even said that Muslims were going to Hell. There are people in the United States who have never heard of Jesus. And there is no proof that everyone in the world has heard of Jesus. There are many that are unchurched. and do not know. On Marcus Grodi’s The Journey Home on EWTN, he had a guest whom never hard of Jesus until she was an adult. I really never know of Jesus until I was in the Third Grade, when I started attending a Catholic school, and I subsequently converted to Catholicism after I learned of this God who became man. We went to Mass every Thursday as the school was part of a Catholic Parish Church. I was unchurched until then. And of course, the same is true throughout the world. Also, many people obviously heard of Jesus, but that doesn’t mean that they reject Him. It’s a simple matter of they don’t know or understand Him. Just because they have heard of Jesus doesn’t automatically mean that they would convert just upon hearing His name. The key is evangelization. If Jesus wanted to reveal Himself to the entire world at one time, He could have and the worlds would have become instantly Christian.
 
Last edited:
This was addressed at two Lutheran churches that I know of, both pastors saying that “Everyone has heard of Jesus.” The pastor claimed that they rejected Jesus. He even said that Muslims were going to Hell.
This is a problem with Protestants. They like going around saying that only Christians can be saved and that leaves 80% of the world population damned. I try to tell them that God’s mercy can extend to non-Christians and we should leave that to God’s judgement and focus on ourselves.
 
This is a topic that I’ve been looking into lately as well. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding Salvation and the necessity of the Church and Jesus Christ.

From my understanding invincible ignorance doesn’t extend to everyone who’s never heard the gospel and is therefore saved. As others have already mentioned, there is an adherence to the natural law and a sense of morality that comes into play.

However, invincible ignorance has been misunderstood and misapplied to anyone and everyone who simply doesn’t believe in the Catholic Church because they weren’t properly catechized and now they have invincible ignorance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top