What Iam in your eyes?

• Thread starter Thread starter historyfan81
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends on what you disagree with. The Catholic Church does not hold an definity position on everything about the faith. An example is how literal or figurative we should interpret God creating the word in Seven days. Many Saints fall on both sides of the debate. I have one question, do you believe Christ instituted a Church and Apostolic Succession to keep His Church?

chirst instuted a church not a sinlge doudt here

also define apostolic succesion, if its one defenition
( we are succesros of the message of the apostoles and our leaders have the authority to teach)

yes

if its another one ( that there is some sort of succesor of the apostoles who then passed the apostolic authority on to their successors, continuing throughout the centuries,)

that i have my doudts

Last edited:
When I mean Apostolic Succession, I mean that God gave the twelve Apostles the Ability to create new bishop to continue to spread the faith. An example of this is when Saint Peter and the other Apostles replaced Judas. The problem with saying everyone is apart of the Apostolic succession is that we have over 30,000 different non Catholic denominations in America alone who believe vastly different things.

Last edited:
f this is when Saint Peter and the other Apostles replaced Judas. The problem with saying everyone is apart of the
I say we are all succesors of the MESSAGE OF the apostoles , but our leaders (bishops ) have the authority to teach us and to apoint new leaders in that case true .

now the case of the they are succesors of the apostoles on matters of high authority (ie only x persons can do this or that) and transmission of grace , like i say doudts

Last edited:
To say we are all successors to the Apostle still has the problem of all these different views on fundamental issues. Some people believe in the Holy Trinity some don’t. How can the gates of hell not prevail if the faith full fall into this type of disagreement. I have included two images with some references for you to look at(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
yeah i agree this is why i say the message of the apostoles
[Polycarp] departed this life, having always taught the things which he had learned from the apostles, and which the Church has handed down, and which alone are true . -ibid, 4
Again, the definition of “apostolic succession” is detailed as handing down that truth which was learned from apostles.

i didnt say anyone just who follows the truths that the apostoles though .

haha sorry about that. Mobile device wasn’t loading properly so I had to go to desktop. Was hoping to get it in before you saw it, lol

Last edited:
I can look up some more information for you and get back to you int the next day or two. Don’t worry I won’t attack you, I don’t like it one people do that. God Bless!

me niether attacking , is bad , rebuking is not , but even thougth i said i have doudts and not reject these things

people love their faith to much and sadly this over writes reason sometimes , but i forgive anyone who does do it .

even though i wish they didnt i migth not have problems but they migth alienite people in doudt when all they want is answers .

I will try to help you with the answers but it might take me a while because I am far froming knowing “everything”

It’s okay takt your Time i did 4 years and iam.still here maybe I miss out on something

You say …

“now the case of the they are succesors of the apostoles on matters of high authority (ie only x persons can do this or that) and transmission of grace , like i say doudt”

But James says…

James 5:14–15 (RSVCE): Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer of faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Hmmm, sounds like transmission of grace to me, a whole lot of grace.

You would be at odds with the early Church. Ignatius of Antioch:

See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid.

Last edited:
James says something about Divine healing

It never mentions or even implies its a ritual for church leaders to other church leaders .
(Which IAM refering to)

I should have probably specified my bad

What IAM referring to is maximum authority of the pope and him being

“king of the bishops” and him.can do certain things

Sinc I do believe the bishops have authority as church leaders

Last edited:
I read that passage from James, as describing both, a rite and participated in by the prayers of the faithful.

RCC teaches the healing of the sick as sacrament, and as possible through prayer. We pray for the sick and dying at every mass. We can and do, pray for the sick and dying, any time we like.

Holy Unction is one of the sacraments of healing. The other is reconciliation (confession). Why reject the gifts given to us?!

And don’t forget, we have the priesthood of all believers.

Thanks.

Eastern Orthodoxy says the Bishop of Rome is first among equals.

Do you feel the same?

Ok. All grace is Divine, and yes it does certainly mention using oil and prayers, that would be a ritual, and performed by the Church elders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back