D
devonsams
Guest
Hello, I don’t intend this topic to be something silly but I was wondering about the Infalibility of the Pope.
The Cardinals cannot “impeach” a pope, which means, that even if all cardinals and all catholics of the world together intended to take a pope of his throne, they couldn’t do that (except trying to kill), because the pope is the supreme authority of the church, but they cannot via the structure of the church take a pope of the power.
What if a Pope say an heresy in public like: “There is no Hell, or the Virgin Mary was not literaly Virgin…”
Or if he goes even further and say something shocking as: “I am the Antichrist! I am not a Catholic!”
Would the Church end if something like that happened? The infalibility of the pope would end and all our faith would be meaningless?
It may sound a silly question, but it is really disturbing me these days, if the Pope do or say something shocking in public, I would feel like all our faith would end this moment, and it is theoretically a possibility you know, people have free-will, and the church can suffer from infiltration of bad people… and this bad people can reach the higher ranks of the church…
Anyone could help us with that?
The Cardinals cannot “impeach” a pope, which means, that even if all cardinals and all catholics of the world together intended to take a pope of his throne, they couldn’t do that (except trying to kill), because the pope is the supreme authority of the church, but they cannot via the structure of the church take a pope of the power.
What if a Pope say an heresy in public like: “There is no Hell, or the Virgin Mary was not literaly Virgin…”
Or if he goes even further and say something shocking as: “I am the Antichrist! I am not a Catholic!”
Would the Church end if something like that happened? The infalibility of the pope would end and all our faith would be meaningless?
It may sound a silly question, but it is really disturbing me these days, if the Pope do or say something shocking in public, I would feel like all our faith would end this moment, and it is theoretically a possibility you know, people have free-will, and the church can suffer from infiltration of bad people… and this bad people can reach the higher ranks of the church…
Anyone could help us with that?