H
Holly3278
Guest
Hi everyone. My priest who was just ordained last year and seems to be a very orthodox priest does not ever say the entire words of absolution during a confession. Instead of saying the following:
God the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of his Son, has reconciled the world to Himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
He says:
I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Is this a valid form of absolution? Are my confessions valid?
God the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of his Son, has reconciled the world to Himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
He says:
I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Is this a valid form of absolution? Are my confessions valid?