M
There is no reason to say it was about him. I can’t think of any reason why he would ask who it was about either.I tend to get horrible intrusive thoughts sometimes, like temptations, and they’re always uncharitable. Well one time I got a thought like that about the priest
and I want to confess it, but do I have to tell him it was about him?
![]()
makes senseThere is no reason to say it was about him. I can’t think of any reason why he would ask who it was about either.
true, but all the other parishes in my area do confessions on Saturday, and I want to go before then, for the Mary Mother of God feast day on FridayYou could confess to another priest, I suppose?
I would say: “I have had some horrible intrusive thoughts like temptations, and they’re always uncharitable.” The priest may or may not question you about it. But, I can assure you he will not ask who you were thinking about. He may just want to get a handle on what you are talking about.makes senseI was just wondering if you’re supposed to say…?
Temptations are not sins. Intrusive thoughts are not sins if we do not invite in them and do not take delight in them. In fact, if we reject them when they come, we are growing in virtue.I tend to get horrible intrusive thoughts sometimes, like temptations, and they’re always uncharitable. Well one time I got a thought like that about the priest
and I want to confess it, but do I have to tell him it was about him?
![]()
Did you sin against the priest, or against God? Your offense may have been agains the priest, like maybe you stole his car, but the sin is against God.I tend to get horrible intrusive thoughts sometimes, like temptations, and they’re always uncharitable. Well one time I got a thought like that about the priest
and I want to confess it, but do I have to tell him it was about him?
![]()