What If...

• Thread starter Thread starter leschornmom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we speak about abortion and the consequences of such an act I feel we should start bringing the male into the equation. Very little is said about the soul of the male who is part of the act in many cases. Any comments?

40.png
TheresaS:
When we speak about abortion and the consequences of such an act I feel we should start bringing the male into the equation. Very little is said about the soul of the male who is part of the act in many cases. Any comments?
You are right, I think that we never really talk about the male becuase they have no real say in the matter.
To me I think the male has no say in the matter with anything diserning the Child outside of marriage. It may sound harsh or strange, but I place the male as the whole and sole reason for the Child. The male should be a Man and not have sex unless they are prepaired to be married and make a commintment to the mother and child. If they really felt this way about a child and wanted to get envolved with it then they should have the forefront to to be chaste and not a sperm donor.

In the end I place the males culpibilty over the womans most of the time. I think for the sole reason that the woman in the end is the one dealing with the consequenses eitherway. I think some Pro-lifers seem to forget this, and that it is a very tough thing for the woman and child. This and all the education teaching that abortion is nothin other then birth control is what leads to them having it done. The only way to stop abortion is thru education and non-judgemental thinking and support of the unwed mother who made a mistake.

40.png
leschornmom:
So the Catholic church believes that if a pregnant woman commits the sin of abortion they are atomatically excomunticated? If this woman is repentant…and she confesses…does she have a waiting period before she is allowed to take the communion again?
There is a difficulty here. If the woman knew it was wrong and intended to go to confession immediately after the abortion, then this implies that, in the same circumstances she would do it again. If this is true, she is not sorry for the sin. She is sorry she is in this situation, sorry she is going to do this again and again. But she is not ready to confess until she is ready to change. So long as she lives in this state it is like “the man who looks at a woman with lust, he has already commited adultery in his heart.”

How do you read this situation? Can she licitly go to confession? Going can the priest licitly give absolution?

What does the church say when you are in a state where you intend to commit the sin you have confessed again?

40.png
sarcophagus:
what if the parents force the child to have an abortion, be it to cover their own crimes (incest) or out of some sort of shame? Will the child be sinning then?
Whom ever forces or assists ( drives them to the clinic), encourages another into having an abortion is also committing sin.

'You are right, I think that we never really talk about the male becuase they have no real say in the matter.
To me I think the male has no say in the matter with anything diserning the Child outside of marriage. It may sound harsh or strange, but I place the male as the whole and sole reason for the Child. ’

i would contend that a) the male often DOES have a great say in the matter, and often talks the girl into the abortion, and b) it takes two to tango, so while it’s often (usually) the overactive libido of the male that brings about the unfortunate situation, i would certainly not say that ‘the male [is] the whole and sole reason for the Child’. the girl is as responsible, except for rape, as the male.

As Mother Theresa said,
"No fear of the future can ever confer the right to kill the innocent."
God bless you!
Angela

The circumstances are irrelevant to the fact that the baby is ALWAYS innocent. Don’t think me heartless, for I am not, but even if my twelve uear old daughter were raped and got pregnant, the baby is still innocent. The crime committed against the innocence of my daughter does NOT excuse the commission of a second crime against a second child.

40.png
Makerteacher:
The circumstances are irrelevant to the fact that the baby is ALWAYS innocent. Don’t think me heartless, for I am not, but even if my twelve uear old daughter were raped and got pregnant, the baby is still innocent. The crime committed against the innocence of my daughter does NOT excuse the commission of a second crime against a second child.
I am not saying that it is less evil of a act. But if the girl is forced to have a abortion, then she is not **culpable **for the action, she is just yet victimized again.

40.png
jeffreedy789:
i would contend that a) the male often DOES have a great say in the matter, and often talks the girl into the abortion, and b) it takes two to tango, so while it’s often (usually) the overactive libido of the male that brings about the unfortunate situation, i would certainly not say that ‘the male [is] the whole and sole reason for the Child’. the girl is as responsible, except for rape, as the male.
I disagree. I think a male is the one who needs to be on a higher stand and not look at a woman as a object.

40.png
Jermosh:
I am not saying that it is less evil of a act. But if the girl is forced to have a abortion, then she is not culpable for the action, she is just yet victimized again.
Exactly. In fact, she is victimized again even if she is not forced to have an abortion. The fact that she seeks out this victimization doesn’t change the nature of the act.

I was once speaking with Dr. Marcella Colbert, the director the Galveston-Houston Diocese’s Respect Life Office. She made an interesting observation when she noted that never once, in years of counseling hundreds of girls and women, had she ever met anyone who had an abortion who was not coerced into getting the abortion.

– Mark L. Chance.

40.png
mlchance:
Exactly. In fact, she is victimized again even if she is not forced to have an abortion. The fact that she seeks out this victimization doesn’t change the nature of the act.

I was once speaking with Dr. Marcella Colbert, the director the Galveston-Houston Diocese’s Respect Life Office. She made an interesting observation when she noted that never once, in years of counseling hundreds of girls and women, had she ever met anyone who had an abortion who was not coerced into getting the abortion.

– Mark L. Chance.
Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back