What is Bayside Apparition?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thomasbradley312
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauraing and Banneux are Vatican approved, the highest level of approval, and the seers in those cases simply married and lived quiet family lives out of the public eye. The seer of Banneux said something like she was just the postman helping to deliver the message from Our Lady and her job was done and she considered herself to be of no further importance.

So, I don’t think it’s necessary for a seer to enter religious life, but I note that the Beauraing and Banneux seers don’t seem to have been getting a new vision every week or every day for years either.
 
Bayside was just some disturbed lady from Queens who didn’t like Vatican II. If you had been around churches in those days, there were a lot of Veronica Lueken types around. Some of them used to give my mother literature which she never read but I would find it around the house years later and be all like, “Mom, what are you doing with this crazy pamphlet”.

The “ongoing messages” thing happened with La Salette too.

I’m not really interested in all the apocalyptic predictions. If it happens it happens. More interested in just trying to pray and help souls like Our Lady asks us to.
 
Which you would of course be entitled to do, as even with approved Marian apparitions (the result from private revelations) you would not be bound to personally believe in them.
 
Last edited:
Erzebet Kindelmann of the Flame of Love devotion, which I practice (and which is very big in Philadelphia area as the former National Director of the devotion was a well-known suburban businessman who promoted it throughout the Archdiocese), never received a vision of the Virgin Mary. She reported receiving interior locutions, only. She also wasn’t just a “stay at home mom”, she was a lay Carmelite for many years before the alleged locutions started, had tried several times to join religious orders in her youth (and been rejected because after prayer the Mother Superior of the last order told her God wanted her to carry out a different mission, not become a nun), and had been persecuted for her faith by the Communists. I don’t see her as any part of a trend. I also have no idea why she doesn’t have a cause for sainthood at this point, but those decisions are made above my pay grade. The devotion is marching on regardless.

I also note that the Flame of Love is currently only “approved for faith expression” which means we can do the devotion.
The locutions themselves don’t have approval as far as I know, although I don’t see anything suspect in them.
 
Last edited:
It’s become very big in certain US dioceses, including Philadelphia and Memphis, and has charismatic overtones. Also very popular with Hispanics.

You go to some other places like Ohio and nobody’s heard of it.
 
Last edited:
True. But didn’t the Apparitions of Zeitoun go in for quite sometime in the 60s?
 
Yah.
I’m not even totally sure what the status of Zeitoun is in the Catholic Church.
If I’m remembering correctly they occurred over a Coptic Church in Egypt and Paul Vl allowed that Church to make judgement ( I believe the Oriental Orthodox also have a valid Apostolic succession). The Coptic Church said it was valid, so I don’t know if that means since Paul Vl said they could make the judgment and they confirmed it, if that means Catholics can have a devotion to it? That could be the case but you would think the Church would make an official statement saying , yes this apparition is worthy of belief as the Coptic Church who we gave the judgement says it is worthy to believe.
 
Yes

Not necessarily.

Signs point to yes.

That “incident” looks bizarre. I don’t believe that it was from God.
 
I remember when the Bayside “Apparitions” hit the news in the Catholic press some decades ago, and the local bishop said that nothing supernatural had occurred.
I read one time that for every actual apparition of the Virgin Mary, there are fake ones.
She was reported as saying that finally I am somebody. I took this as a statement about why she claimed to see the Virgin Mary.
Since then the woman died, in 1995, and the interest in it has died down. Apparently, though, there are still some followers in Bayside.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top