What is considered impurity?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Not_Sure_1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Not_Sure_1

Guest
What is considered impure thoughts?
Must they be necessarily sexual, or can they be of any intimacy, so long as there is arousal?

Would any fantasy that inspires arousal (that does not include sex of any kind) be considered an impure thought?

I’m thinking it is still impure for inspiring arousal, especially if one continues the thought after the feelings have begun. Then again part of the sinning from impure thoughts comes not just from arousal, but also from the desire to commit a sin.
 
What is considered impure thoughts?
Must they be necessarily sexual, or can they be of any intimacy, so long as there is arousal?

Would any fantasy that inspires arousal (that does not include sex of any kind) be considered an impure thought?

I’m thinking it is still impure for inspiring arousal, especially if one continues the thought after the feelings have begun. Then again part of the sinning from impure thoughts comes not just from arousal, but also from the desire to commit a sin.
the more you debate impure thoughts, the more likely you would succumb to it and find your entire life going astray by ending up in impure deeds

you should take refuge in God’s forgiveness, which will not be available to you, unless you forgive others!

to sin is human, to forgive is divine (quote)
 
Matthew writes that Jesus said… ‘anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart’.

Then there’s the whole ‘coveting thoughts’ proscription. It’s not easy living life as a good Catholic.
 
I think we (as a culture and definatly my generation) misunderstand purity. Purity is not a line in the sand where we can creep towards, doing sexual things with others and still be like: “Whoa-oh. I’m pure. I’m OK” or “Check me out. I can do this and this and this but I’m still pure becuase I haven’t done that and that and that.”

No! The bible tells us that there isn’t even to be a hint of lust in our lives. (Ephesians 5:3) We are to RUN away from something that would cause us to sin.

Purity should not be about what we can’t do. Purity should be about what we can do to further God’s kingdom both in our own lives and in the lives of others.

God Bless!
Chloe M.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top