What is going on?

• Thread starter Thread starter springbreeze
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

springbreeze

Dear friends

I am unclear as to why the Spirituality forum is flooded with polls and most of them ressurrected from way, way back in time?

Is there a poll addict on the forums?šŸ˜ƒ

Just an observation

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Looks like somebody got bored or just registered and decided to go though and answer all the polls.

Mayhaps the mods should take away the right to leave them open indefinitely.

40.png
springbreeze:
Dear friends
I am unclear as to why the Spirituality forum is flooded with polls and most of them ressurrected from way, way back in time?
Just an observation
Teresa
Could be, with more people joining, they come with the same or similar questions and topics. Archived, or previous threads, are there. However, this might not be so apparent, or searching could be cumbersome and time-consuming. šŸ™‚

40.png
springbreeze:
Dear friends

Just an observation

Teresa
There comes a time in the faith journey of most people that they realize that religion and spirituality and not the same thing.

40.png
springbreeze:
Dear friends

I am unclear as to why the Spirituality forum is flooded with polls. . .
Youā€™re right, you know. I think we should have a poll to find out how many folks donā€™t like polls. And maybe another poll to find out about those pesky Poles? Maybe we could even have yet another poll to find out how many people prefer constructive posts to gripes?

Yes. I like this idea.

:whistle:

Newly-registered people always resurrect old threads ā€“ the threads are new to them. šŸ˜ƒ

I donā€™t mind all the polls, except for the fact the the poll threads show up in my list of replies to subscribed threads just because someone has voted, and not because someone has actually posted. Oh well, cā€™est la vie! šŸ™‚

I donā€™t mind polls either, I just donā€™t know why just about every poll over the last few months have been ressurected, Iā€™m starting to get deja vu!šŸ˜ƒ

God Bless and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Deacon Tony560:
There comes a time in the faith journey of most people that they realize that religion and spirituality and not the same thing.
No truer word ever said! :clapping:

Teresa

I have a bit of a reasonā€¦comming from a new members point of view. After joining, i scanned a few places of interestā€¦all that were mighty in the interest catagory were situations where i felt like io might be butting in, or popping my nose in where it was not asked or invited. It is a new kind of world sharing in conversation and you have to work up the nerve. The polls are not as threatening to the fellowship, as they are differently used. So newbies use them first to warm upā€¦i think, cause that is what i did.

40.png
TheRam:
I have a bit of a reasonā€¦comming from a new members point of view. After joining, i scanned a few places of interestā€¦all that were mighty in the interest catagory were situations where i felt like io might be butting in, or popping my nose in where it was not asked or invited. It is a new kind of world sharing in conversation and you have to work up the nerve. The polls are not as threatening to the fellowship, as they are differently used. So newbies use them first to warm upā€¦i think, cause that is what i did.
Yes! You are right, Ram! When I was new and very shy:cool: ā€¦that helpedā€¦course it took me quite some time to make my own polls.:whistle: .Oh and BTW, there have already been polls on polls
ad nauseamā€¦:banghead:

40.png
TheRam:
Exactly what I did too. Sorry if I brought back some old polls:o

Gearoidin

Maybe people have learned how to make polls and now a ā€œpoll happy.ā€

Jen

40.png
Annunciata:
Why are you sorryā€¦that helped you and probably refreshed some of us oldstersā€¦šŸ™‚ Just join inā€¦ And if anyone jumps all over you just come to the Mudgieā€™s Clubhouse and regroupā€¦EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!!:yup:

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=57833
I totally agree.

Sometimes when things scroll past the first page, I donā€™t notice them anymore and they are fun to see resurrected. Other times I wish someone else would resurrect a thread but I hate to do it myself because I am, like, so full of pride that I donā€™t want to be caught at it. Iā€™m not good at letting issues go without having the last comment, which is probably why I seem to be a thread killer ā€“ those that Iā€™ve killed are usually the ones I wish somebody else would resurrect so I can kill them again! :bounce:

Alan

40.png
AlanFromWichita:
I totally agree.

Sometimes when things scroll past the first page, I donā€™t notice them anymore and they are fun to see resurrected. Other times I wish someone else would resurrect a thread but I hate to do it myself because I am, like, so full of pride that I donā€™t want to be caught at it. Iā€™m not good at letting issues go without having the last comment, which is probably why I seem to be a thread killer ā€“ those that Iā€™ve killed are usually the ones I wish somebody else would resurrect so I can kill them again! :bounce:

Alan
Another Thread Killer!:bounce: Gee Alanā€¦Iā€™m the ā€œQueen of Thread Killersā€ā€¦ So how come you havenā€™t come over to the ā€œMudgieā€™s Clubhouseā€??? Thqatā€™s how it all began you knowā€¦ Someone started a thread on the subject and lots of us responded and the rest is historyā€¦:bounce: Come on overā€¦all of you!šŸ™‚
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=57833 Take a look introduce yourselvesā€¦if you arenā€™t interested then so be itā€¦ It really is a good place to come and ā€˜lick your woundsā€™ after being beat up ā€˜Defending The Faithā€™.

:o Ok I donā€™t mind whatā€™s going onā€¦I wish I never said anythingā€¦I wish I could dig a hole and die!

Teresa

springbreeze said:
:o Ok I donā€™t mind whatā€™s going onā€¦I wish I never said anythingā€¦I wish I could dig a hole and die!

Teresa

Please donā€™t do that! I thought this thread was fun!

Besides, if you went off and died weā€™d miss you, and then weā€™d all be jealous because youā€™d be in a better place. šŸ˜›

On a more sincere note, Teresa, I have shared that wish several times just within the last few days. Tuesday I was devastated because I had one real commitment to make all week, to substitute for a very helpful neighbor at his 11:00 am Adoration hour, and forgot it. As much as I think I have made progress on the spiritual journey, it took me until about yesterday morning to get out of the slump. I did get out, though, and today I am filled with joy ā€“ in part thanks to you. My yard looks better and my wife is more pleased with me than if you had died in a hole yesterday. You never know when you will get a chance to be a blessing, or when you yourself may experience great spiritual consolations. Please hang in there, and PM me if you get down and need to chat. šŸ™‚

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back