C
Cimachol
Guest
My adult son has read about the Catholic faith extensively, but I am concerned about where some of his ideas are headed. He seems to be under the impression that everything written by the Church fathers, everything written in the documents of the Council of Trent, and everything written in the Catechism of the Council of Trent is infallible. I suspect he is wrong about this, but I don’t know how one would find out for sure. I can pull up a Catholic Answers web page, but he will simply say that Catholic Answers is wrong. Is there some source I can go to on this?
Also, my understanding is that there is no official list of Fathers of the Church, and that at least two eventually fell into heresy. Did Tertullian or Origen actually write anything clearly heretical? Maybe that would help him see why simply claiming that something is infallible because it was written by the Church fathers does not hold up.
Also, my understanding is that there is no official list of Fathers of the Church, and that at least two eventually fell into heresy. Did Tertullian or Origen actually write anything clearly heretical? Maybe that would help him see why simply claiming that something is infallible because it was written by the Church fathers does not hold up.
Last edited: