What is Receiving Holy Communion Like?

  • Thread starter Thread starter theidler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theidler

Guest
Hi all,
I am being baptized this year during the Easter Vigil, and am trying to prepare myself for Holy Communion. What is it like??? I am so excited about it that I get little shots of adrenaline through my chest.
Also, I put up a poll on receiving communion, just to see what people prefer I suppose.
 
I’m not going to say what it’s like for me because I greatly suspect I would get scolded…

I will say no one can say what it will be like for you. Everyone will react differently. 🙂
 
It’s a great question, OP. All the way up, I am mainly humbled, but as soon as I receive, I’m immediately thankful.

But I don’t know if the corresponding emotions are really the most important part. “A good Communion is recognized less in the transitory sweetness of the emotions than in its lasting practical effects on the conduct of our daily lives.”

The best way to receive any gift is to show real appreciation, and a large part of that means going out and putting it to use!
 
My church still has and utilizes the altar rails. Praise God.

I do the first of the three. Actually, technically some people in my church receive in the hand kneeling, which is a strange thing to see.

Receiving Holy Communion is absolutely beautiful. You will burst with joy.
 
My church still has and utilizes the altar rails. Praise God.

I do the first of the three. Actually, technically some people in my church receive in the hand kneeling, which is a strange thing to see.

Receiving Holy Communion is absolutely beautiful. You will burst with joy.
With what joy do I read this post - my parish is trying to get communion rails back. I still to this day have not the faintest idea why on Earth it changed. If I am allowed, I will do so kneeling and on the tongue as well.
 
Hi all,
I am being baptized this year during the Easter Vigil, and am trying to prepare myself for Holy Communion. What is it like??? I am so excited about it that I get little shots of adrenaline through my chest.
Also, I put up a poll on receiving communion, just to see what people prefer I suppose.
Your emotions on receiving Communion depends on how well you understand and believe in the miracle of receiving the body and blood of Jesus. You sound like someone who really appreciates the reality of what is happening. Congratulations on your upcoming reception. God bless.
 
Feelings do not always come along when they’re anticipated. It is possible that you will feel overwhelmed with joy; it is also possible that you won’t feel a thing. Even if you don’t have the feelings that you would like to experience, don’t let that discourage you; you will truly be receiving Christ, whatever your emotional highs or lows may be. I’m happy for you! 🙂
 
Standing, in the hand.

ONLY because it’s what everyone does. I miss altar rails. Yes I do.
 
I truly believe that what I am receiving is the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is why I am asking these questions. As a convert, I do not understand how anyone could ever treat the Eucharist casually or without knowledge of what it actually is.
Jesus, have mercy on me a sinner is all I will say in my heart when I receive Holy Communion.
 
Receiving Holy Communion will make you burst for joy. That’s all I’ll say.

On the other side, receiving Holy Communion in the state of mortal sin will torture you and you will feel sad and guilty.
 
Receiving Holy Communion will make you burst for joy. That’s all I’ll say.

On the other side, receiving Holy Communion in the state of mortal sin will torture you and you will feel sad and guilty.
God forbid that I ever commit such a sin. But I will probably always be terrified that I am not in a state of grace…I don’t know. I don’t know if I will ever feel worthy to partake of the Eucharist. But that’s the point I guess - we aren’t…or…yeah. I am going on a tangent.
 
God forbid that I ever commit such a sin. But I will probably always be terrified that I am not in a state of grace…I don’t know. I don’t know if I will ever feel worthy to partake of the Eucharist. But that’s the point I guess - we aren’t…or…yeah. I am going on a tangent.
Oh, you mean the part where we say “Lord, I am not worthy…” 😃
 
I will just say this…My husband wept last year at his first Holy Communion. He said he could almost hear the chalices clicking at the Last Supper:thumbsup:

I go to daily Mass so I receive almost every day. It varies for me but I am always amazed. Eucharistic adoration is also completely wonderful.

Congratulations!
 
Wow. I can honestly say I never had any experiences like you people mention in all the years I took Communion.
 
I will just say this…My husband wept last year at his first Holy Communion. He said he could almost hear the chalices clicking at the Last Supper:thumbsup:

I go to daily Mass so I receive almost every day. It varies for me but I am always amazed. Eucharistic adoration is also completely wonderful.

Congratulations!
How beautiful. I can’t even imagine what it is like. I have been waiting so long…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top