What is the Church’s position on the Qabbalah?

• Thread starter Thread starter KJ_AZ2NH301
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of a Kabbalist sect of Judaism, but I suppose it is possible. When the Kabbalah is rightly used, it can be a way of filling in the missing information in the Torah, just as the Talmud attempts to do, by connecting the dots. When it is wrongly used (as probably by Madonna and others), verses and ideas are usually taken out of context and support occultist philosophy and black magic or some new-age philosophy or doomsday prophecies. The real study of Kabbalah is a challenging enterprise, and should never be taken lightly or misapplied by those who have little or no grounding in Judaism.

Last edited:
@(name removed by moderator) I could see her as a judge on one of those reality talent shoes.

Last edited:
Without our Jewish roots we would not be Christian. My favorite teachers of my faith happen to be very, very Jewish. The blessed Mother, Jesus the Messiah and Joseph the care giver of Jesus and Mary. A wonderful, holy Jewish family.
I must admit I am also very found of Abraham the Father of our faith. Moses is also a very wonderful Jew who tried to teach other the laws of God. 10 commandments.

More info on Qabbalah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back