T
TIK
Guest
Hi,
I’ve been reading about Indulgences on and off for the past weeks both here on Catholic Answers and elsewhere, and this term keeps coming up: “Temporal Punishment”.
I can’t quite work out what this is. Could someone give some examples/A small case study?
For example, lets say I murder someone. This is the sin, what is the temporal punishment? and then, what would be the indulgence?
(gah, perhaps despite all my reading I still just don’t understand it at all… :S )
I’ve been reading about Indulgences on and off for the past weeks both here on Catholic Answers and elsewhere, and this term keeps coming up: “Temporal Punishment”.
I can’t quite work out what this is. Could someone give some examples/A small case study?
For example, lets say I murder someone. This is the sin, what is the temporal punishment? and then, what would be the indulgence?
(gah, perhaps despite all my reading I still just don’t understand it at all… :S )