What is your biggest happiness on CAF?

• Thread starter Thread starter mary15
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked having a place to discuss Catholic topics at length.

And most posters here were pretty cool.

Everytime I read something like:

“I decided to convert” or “I am trying to convert”.

For me, hands down, it would be having a place to discuss things with Catholics who share my love of the faith. I am a convert and, outside of my husband, I literally do not have one family member, work partner or friend who is “truly” Catholic…

Besides prayers, one thing that I appreciated was when people cited factual answers, giving the source. So often I, and others, roll on with our opinions with no facts.

Last edited:
I joined CAF at frankly, a pretty dark time of my life. It gave me something to keep myself busy with and helped me understand Catholicism better

Deacon,

Ironically, you post appears to be “unCatholic”, and whining too.

Now, I do fully support the closing of the CA forums. I only signed up a few months ago, but did not post a great deal because many of the conversations where too time consuming. Things are often a bit “all over the place”. In my opinion, for whatever it is worth, these sorts of forums and places where people can post, seem to confuse more than help people. I don’t know about CA’s resource issues around such a forum, but regardless that, I think these sorts of things only generate more problems rather than enlighten. We all need a place/means to learn and to give and receive support, but this sort of thing, in my view, is not helpful toward that end. While it may be difficult, individuals should be encouraged, instead, to look for individual friendships or a small group of people who mutually want to support one another in the faith.

Last edited:
finding the forum to begin with, it has helped alot with uncertan questions, I would just be lurking but since the forum closure I decided to make an account to answer some of the " go ask a spiritual director or priest" type of questions since I dont know how to ask since I’m converting from Protestantism to Catholicism.

I dont know how to ask since I’m converting from Protestantism to Catholicism.
The first step should be to sign up for RCIA, Covid may make that difficult though. When you are signed up you should meet people you can ask questions to.

Prayer intentions, Ask an apologist, Lounge, Spirituality and Non-Catholic religions sections.
Sometimes I just read old CAF threads. I have found many useful infos in old threads and I am happy to pray for others.
This forum also helped me to grow (even though I am member just a bit more than a year) and I met beautiful souls here - Catholics and non Catholics. 🙂

My biggest happiness was the kind people who were willing to take the time to pray and give support during my elderly parents many dangerous health issues.

Perhaps you could ask Deacon Jeff if he was not being serious. I suppose anything is possible.

It seems obvious for the posters who come her regularly that we can and should consult our priest if we have a serious spiritual problem. But in real life, it is not so obvious. It is far from being a reflex, at least for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back