What is your concept of Jesus as a fully human male?

• Thread starter Thread starter BarbaraTherese
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
didymus:
Here’s one that’s bound to get me in trouble: did Jesus know he was God as well as man? I’ve always assumed he wan’t aware of it (before the Resurrection). He obviously did not use his Divinity to avoid human suffering or omniscience to know the future.
OTOH, I suspect I’m skating close to somew heresy or other.

As far as my concept of Him I checked all of the above: he certainly had a sense of humor – maybe that’s why he chose Peter to be the leader 🙂
I think he was often frustrated, especially with the Apostles, I can picture Him almost ready to :banghead: at how often they failed to understand His message.
I believe that it was a constant revelation to Him. I believe His Divinity was revealed to Him in fullness in the 40 days in the wilderness. I believe after this period He realised who He is and began His Ministry. Throughout His Ministry I believe He had constant revelation to His Mission and what it entailed. I believe that the limitations of His humanity required that His Divinity be revealed rather than a constant all-knowing from birth.

By the way, do you think you would have understood His message any better if you were around back then and HE picked you to be one of His apostles…I doubt it very much! You have had the benefit of 2005 years of the Majesterium of the Church and the wisdom of all who have gone before you. You have all this benefit and still you sin…is that not the message… repent, sin no more and live in union with God through His Son Christ Jesus and in the bosom of the Mother Church? I’d rethink how you see Jesus and the Apostles, perhaps you would like to read Mark and Luke for further insight.

God Bless
Teresa

Notice:

This thread is now closed. Thanks to all who participated in the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back