What is your favorite Novena?

• Thread starter Thread starter Annunciata
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Annunciata

Mine is a Rosary Novena prayed for 54 days. It is a laborious one… but very powerful. I’ve been praying it off and on for over 20 years.

How many are familiar with it?

I prayed it once asking that my girlfriend and I live holy lives with a holy relationship. 1/3 of the way through she dumped me.

shrugs

I finished it, but it didn’t touch me too much.

Now I prefer the Jesus King of all Nations eucharistic novena. I don’t know how much I believe in it, but I like how it encourages me to go to mass frequently when I am praying.

Josh

40.png
threej_lc:
I prayed it once asking that my girlfriend and I live holy lives with a holy relationship. 1/3 of the way through she dumped me.

shrugs

I finished it, but it didn’t touch me too much.

Now I prefer the Jesus King of all Nations eucharistic novena. I don’t know how much I believe in it, but I like how it encourages me to go to mass frequently when I am praying.

Josh
Maybe that was your answer…I ended up w/ my second husband because of it! I gave it to him to help discern a Vocation…I turned out being just that!😉

Can you provide links to the format of your novenas please?

I am inexperienced when it comes to novenas, but I do have a novena joke…

Penitent : Father, forgive me for I have sinned. I stole a whole truckload of lumber.

Father: Ah son, that is very serious. Tell me, would your parents be willing to make a novena for you?

Penitent : I’m sure they would. I know where they can get the materials real cheap!!! 🙂

God bless,
Iguana

40.png
iguana27:
Can you provide links to the format of your novenas please?

I am inexperienced when it comes to novenas, but I do have a novena joke…

Penitent : Father, forgive me for I have sinned. I stole a whole truckload of lumber.

Father: Ah son, that is very serious. Tell me, would your parents be willing to make a novena for you?

Penitent : I’m sure they would. I know where they can get the materials real cheap!!!

God bless,
Iguana
Cute Joke!
I’m not sure of a Link but you can purchase it in any Catholic bookstore: It’s called "Rosary Novenas to Our Lady by Charles V. Lacey first printed in 1926 - it has a blue cover.🙂

I was just wondering…doesn’t anybody have a favorite novena???

:confused:

Yes, Annunciata, I meant to post this earlier. My favorite novena is for the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

From EWTN’s website: The novena in honor of the Holy Spirit is the oldest of all novenas since it was first made at the direction of Our Lord Himself when He sent His apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit on the first Pentecost. It is still the only novena officially prescribed by the Church. Addressed to the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity, it is a powerful plea for the light and strength and love so sorely needed by every Christian.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/pentecost/seven.htm

I try to say it at least once a year for Pentecost.

How do you say your 54 day Rosary Novena?

Debbie

The St. Therese novena. Pray 24 Glory Be’s in thanksgiving for each year that St. Therese was here on earth. One is supposed to recieve a rose when the prayer is answered. I’ll try to find a link for it…okay, I googled it and got 24 Glory Be’s Novena to St. Therese. As long as one doesn’t get too hung up on the rose thing. I have found it to be powerful and way for me to honor my confirmation patroness. :gopray2:

40.png
Debbie:
Yes, Annunciata, I meant to post this earlier. My favorite novena is for the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

From EWTN’s website: The novena in honor of the Holy Spirit is the oldest of all novenas since it was first made at the direction of Our Lord Himself when He sent His apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit on the first Pentecost. It is still the only novena officially prescribed by the Church. Addressed to the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity, it is a powerful plea for the light and strength and love so sorely needed by every Christian.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/pentecost/seven.htm

I try to say it at least once a year for Pentecost.

How do you say your 54 day Rosary Novena?

Debbie
Hi Debbie,
I say the Novena to the Holy Spirit at least once a year as well. In fact, that is where I go my Signature Nunc Coepi! Right now! (Be ready)… from St. Josemaria`'s introductory prayer for ea. day.

Say the Rosary w/ the meditation on the particular mystery for ea. day-- three weeks in petiton and three weeks in thanksgiving…there is a record in the back of the book.🙂 Annunciata

40.png
LisaH:
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. Just ended today.
Just a little trivia…about four years ago I was inspired to start painting plates again…hadn’t for a few years. I knew it had to be about “Our Lady”…finally found one that I wanted to use ,I don’t even know the name of it…I dragged my feet for months and on the Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (without thinking about it)began to paint…it’s almost an Iconic…not quite…everyone who has seen it thinks she looks alive…and I’m no great painter (tole painting is what I try to do) To God be the Glory! Annunciata:)

I’m a Protestant in the middle of a St. Jude novena with my daughter. She prays it once a day. I read somewhere on the internet that you are supposed to pray novenas NINE TIMES A DAY for nine days!!!

Which is right?

I’m not sure this would qualify as a Novena because I think they are prayers that are prayed for 9 days (but I’m not sure). One of my favorites is the 30 Days Prayer to The Blessed Virgin Mary:

catholicwomen.com/kc039.htm

I am praying it (again) right now for the complete conversion – body, mind and soul – of my brother Mike and his wife Kay who are addicts and for all who suffer from addiction. Join me!

My favorite is the Novena to St. Maximilian Kolbe, but I also pray
  • the Novena to St. Jude
  • the Novena to the Immaculate Heart
  • the Novena to Jesus, King of all Nations (including the Novena of Holy Communion) (and, last but not least)
  • the Divine Mercy Novena
John

**Our Mother of Perpetual Help Novena. ** We pray it weekly at our church. :gopray2:

40.png
Annunciata:
Mine is a Rosary Novena prayed for 54 days. It is a laborious one… but very powerful. I’ve been praying it off and on for over 20 years.

How many are familiar with it?
This is also the Election day Novena starting September 9th…see the thread Election Day Novena. Annunciata:)

Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour.

God Bless you all and much peace and love to you

From your favorite newby on the board :rolleyes: .

What’s a Novena :confused:?

I’m assuming from the replies above that it’s a series of prayers of some sort. Based on the NOV in the name I’m assuming it’s nine. But what do you mean by favorite, how many are there? Better yet, think of all of the fun questions you guys would be asking if you’d never heard of it… and then answer them 😛 .

Tag you’re it 😃 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back