What is your favorite Novena?

• Thread starter Thread starter Annunciata
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Maggie:
From your favorite newby on the board :rolleyes: .

What’s a Novena :confused:?

I’m assuming from the replies above that it’s a series of prayers of some sort. Based on the NOV in the name I’m assuming it’s nine. But what do you mean by favorite, how many are there? Better yet, think of all of the fun questions you guys would be asking if you’d never heard of it… and then answer them 😛 .

Tag you’re it 😃 .
Hi Maggie,
Your right, it’s a series of usually 9 days of prayers for a special intention. (I’ve streched it to 9 hours) anyone else have a thought on this? Anyway, it’s still prayer…
The first novena began when Our Lady and the Apostles were praying together after the Ascension till Pentacost…Hence the Novena to the Holy Spirit…There are many as you can see from some of the posts. I have a book of various novenas…there are many…find one and post it as your favorite:D
Annunciata:)

Mine is a threeway tie between the Novena’s of my three primary devotions The Divine Mercy Novena, Sacred Heart Novena and Christ the King Novena

40.png
MrsMcBear:
I’m a Protestant in the middle of a St. Jude novena with my daughter. She prays it once a day. I read somewhere on the internet that you are supposed to pray novenas NINE TIMES A DAY for nine days!!!

Which is right?
MrsMcBear,
I’m sorry I didn’t see your post before now…
I haven’t ever heard that you do it 9 times a day as well as 9 days a week…It’s prayer so if you want to you can but it is not required in a novena.
(I know that I have prayed for a certain intertion every hour for 9 hours… but this is something I chose to do on my own). Hope this helps,
Annunciata:)

Hi all,
I just wanted to write and let you know my favorite prayer. I am not sure if it is considered a novena. It says at the end of the prayer to say it for for nine consecutive mornings for anything you may desire. It also says it has seldom been known to fail. This prayer was found in the fiftieth year of Our Lord Jesus Christ. In 1500’s it was sent by the Pope to Emperor Charles when he was going into battle. Whoever reads this prayer or hears it or carries it, will never die a sudden death, nor be drowned, nor will poison take effect on them. They will not fall into the hands of the enemy nor be burned in any fire, nor will they be defeated in battle., Make this prayer known every where . {Imprimatur Most Rev. George W. Ahr Bishop or Trenton. }
PRAYER OF ST JOSEPH OVER 1900 YEARS OLD:
O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my Thanksgiving and Homage to the most loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St Joseph patron of departing souls , pray for us . Amen
I like saying it in the morning when I wake up with my Pieta.

Thanks for letting me share . Sincerely Marmee79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back