D
Dowelliee
Guest
What must I do to be saved? What does the Bible say about salvation?
Acts 16:29-31:
Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
You have all heard this one, John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 6:47: (Jesus) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
John 10:28:
(Jesus) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Now, you all agree that God cannot lie, right?
And if He says that He will give eternal life to anyone who believes in His son, wouldn’t that be true? But if He then would take that eternal life away, it didn’t last forever, did it? And He lied…
Which He can’t.
Go to Matthew 7:21-23. This is intresting. I heard a guy mention earlier on this thread that one must do the will of the Father to get into heaven, and to that I believe he meant works, baptism, keeping His commandments etc etc. Read what Jesus says about that in this passage:
Matthew 7:21-23:
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful WORKS?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
(Edited)
John 6:40: "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Romans 4:5:
But to him that WORKETH NOT, but BELIEVETH on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Romans 3:20:
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Dear friend, when you look at the ten commandments, can you say: “Man, I’ve kept those.”?
None of us can.
I also need to mention a guy who said on this thread that you have to do this and this and that to be saved and then he said, “but I fall short…” We all fall short of the glory of God. God demands PERFECTION for entrance into heaven. Think for one moment, who on this earth has lived a sinless perfect life? One name should pop up in your head. Jesus. He lived the life that we could never keep. Friends, God giveth grace unto the humble, it’s not humbling to say that you are going to heaven because you have been baptised, or attend church, or give to the poor, or love your neighbour as yourself, ALL THE TIME! That’s not faith in God, that’s faith in yourself, in your own good works. Did you read Matthew 7:21-23? Jesus will say DEPART FROM ME! I NEVER KNEW YOU! Those who are saved are declared righteouss in the sight of God because they have put all their faith and trust in Jesus Christ.
People who are not saved will be judged according to their works… This is what you’ll be judged by, Moses, in whom ye trust, Jesus said to the unbelieving jews.
Throw your NIV in the trashcan, get yourself some meat on the bones, get the
King James Version of the Bible.
I write this post because I love you, and God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. This is the truth, and I just proved it to you from the Bible.
1 John 5:13: These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Believe.
Acts 16:29-31:
Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
You have all heard this one, John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 6:47: (Jesus) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
John 10:28:
(Jesus) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Now, you all agree that God cannot lie, right?
And if He says that He will give eternal life to anyone who believes in His son, wouldn’t that be true? But if He then would take that eternal life away, it didn’t last forever, did it? And He lied…
Which He can’t.
Go to Matthew 7:21-23. This is intresting. I heard a guy mention earlier on this thread that one must do the will of the Father to get into heaven, and to that I believe he meant works, baptism, keeping His commandments etc etc. Read what Jesus says about that in this passage:
Matthew 7:21-23:
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful WORKS?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
(Edited)
John 6:40: "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Romans 4:5:
But to him that WORKETH NOT, but BELIEVETH on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Romans 3:20:
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Dear friend, when you look at the ten commandments, can you say: “Man, I’ve kept those.”?
None of us can.
I also need to mention a guy who said on this thread that you have to do this and this and that to be saved and then he said, “but I fall short…” We all fall short of the glory of God. God demands PERFECTION for entrance into heaven. Think for one moment, who on this earth has lived a sinless perfect life? One name should pop up in your head. Jesus. He lived the life that we could never keep. Friends, God giveth grace unto the humble, it’s not humbling to say that you are going to heaven because you have been baptised, or attend church, or give to the poor, or love your neighbour as yourself, ALL THE TIME! That’s not faith in God, that’s faith in yourself, in your own good works. Did you read Matthew 7:21-23? Jesus will say DEPART FROM ME! I NEVER KNEW YOU! Those who are saved are declared righteouss in the sight of God because they have put all their faith and trust in Jesus Christ.
People who are not saved will be judged according to their works… This is what you’ll be judged by, Moses, in whom ye trust, Jesus said to the unbelieving jews.
Throw your NIV in the trashcan, get yourself some meat on the bones, get the
King James Version of the Bible.
I write this post because I love you, and God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. This is the truth, and I just proved it to you from the Bible.
1 John 5:13: These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Believe.