What prayer for Act of Contrition?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kayla
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kayla

Guest
Would like to know what prayer everyone uses for the Act of Contrition during confession. The one I use is: Lord Jesus Christ son on the living God have mercy on me a sinner. is that adequate?
thanks in advance for your replys.
Kayla
 
Would like to know what prayer everyone uses for the Act of Contrition during confession. The one I use is: Lord Jesus Christ son on the living God have mercy on me a sinner. is that adequate?
thanks in advance for your replys.
Kayla
There are many variations on the Act of Contrition and the one you’re using is completely acceptable. Take a look at this page and you’ll find a dozen others.
 
Would like to know what prayer everyone uses for the Act of Contrition during confession. The one I use is: Lord Jesus Christ son on the living God have mercy on me a sinner. is that adequate?
thanks in advance for your replys.
Kayla
I use this one, usually:
**
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy. Amen. **
 
Would like to know what prayer everyone uses for the Act of Contrition during confession. The one I use is: Lord Jesus Christ son on the living God have mercy on me a sinner. is that adequate?
thanks in advance for your replys.
Kayla
Yes, it is - the “Jesus Prayer” is wonderful, however sometimes when I’ve used it in Confession some priests prefer the lengthier and more traditional Act of Contrition ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/index.htm
I, personally, prefer the updated Act of Contrition that still has the parts that some priests like to hear:

“Oh my God, I detest all my sins as they offend You, who are goodness itself and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your Grace, to sin no more and to avoid what leads me to sin.”

I believe many priests want to hear your firm resolution to not sin again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top