What Saint do I pray to to sell our home?

• Thread starter Thread starter perplexed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

perplexed

We need to sell our home? is there a patron St. to pray too? I think there is?

Also is there a list of Saints with what you pray to them about and how do I locate that list?

thanks,

I believe St. Joseph is the one you should invoke. There is also a practice of burying a statue of his in your yard. I’m a little leary of this practice though. It smacks of superstition. You have folks who say the statue should be buried upside down, others say it should be buried in a certain spot in your lawn. It all leaves me scratching my head. I say just ask St. Joseph for help in this area, and that’s good enough. Maybe a novena.

There is a very old practice of obtaining a St. Joseph statue and burying it upside-down, facing your house in the back yard. Once the house sells, you dig up the statue and put it in a place of honor in your new home. So long as you don’t treat the practice as attempting to force your will on God, but view it as an extended form of prayer, I would consider it a very pious practice that shows great faith in the Communion of Saints.

St. Joseph is customary. (He was a carpenter. Perhaps also a Realtor?)

JimG

thanks so much, where do I buy the statue?

Also where can I find a list of saints and what they are prayed to for?

Thanks

40.png
perplexed:
Also where can I find a list of saints and what they are prayed to for?
Give this a try: Patron Saint Index

I need to straighten this out…

Anyone who attempts to BURY a statue of St Joseph in their yard is mixing superstition with their religion…its no less than a form of WITCHCRAFT. The intent/theory is that somehow by burying the statue you are “binding” him until he CEDES to YOUR will,in this case trying or thinking you are going to force one of Gods servants to do your own personal bidding. No matter how its sliced THAT is what you will be doing by attempting this. I get BURNED UP when I see “St Joseph home kits” sold at Catholic stores! Its NEW AGE WITCHCRAFT. The “theory” then goes, that once the home is sold to QUICKLY unbury (supernaturally UNBIND) a SAINT!? :eek: as his REWARD for doing ones bidding. WITCHCRAFT.

Do what good and faithful servants of Christ do…pray a NOVENA …whether to St. Joseph or some other saint…pray the Rosary, etc…and make some sort of offeratory promise to a charitable organization once your home sells. 👍

It depends on how long you are trying to sell your home…If its been on the market for too long you may try St. Jude, patron of lost causes.

St. Joseph was a big help to us. St. Anthony is also a never fail friend:thumbsup: .

We heard about burying the statue as well, but what really worked, in my opinion, was asking St. Joseph for his intersession. I have to believe that St. Jospeh would be more moved to pray for us if we are prayerfully asking him to pray for us as opposed to the burying of his statue!

BTW - we close on our house next week…and I’ll say a prayer that you will soon be closing on yours!

I am not buying the Kit, we are catholic but I just don’t think burying a statue will matter. We are asking St. Joseph for his intersession and praying to God if it is his will please help us sell. Our home has been on market a little over 2 months with only 1 looker but I guess it is early in the game.

This is a great forum and thanks again for the prayers.

40.png
perplexed:
Our home has been on market a little over 2 months with only 1 looker but I guess it is early in the game.
I’m not a realtor, but you may want to consider re-listing your house. The reason I say this is because one of the things my wife and I look for when we are in the market for a house is how long a house has been on the market. 2 months is long enough to scare me away. The reason is that if I need to turn around in a couple of years and sell it myself, I don’t want to be in a situation where it’s going to take a long time. Re-listing your house will set everything back to 0.

Assuming you are working with a realtor, you may want to run this by him or her.

Thanks but can you explain what you mean by the following?

Re-listing your house will set everything back to 0.Why would two months scare you away. I was told we should not move out as an empty house does not appeal to buyers.

I live in an area where our town has experienced much job loss and many people are trying to sell at once. We should have sold sooner but for many reasons we did not and now we regret it.I have watched other homes and they are still for sell after months .

I have to trust God and give this problem to him but I am in hopes St Joesph will also help us and I know it has to be Gods will.

Thanks

Oh my gosh…a friend of mine told me about burying St Joseph statue to sell my house. I did it, but not because of superstition. However I will be un-burying him tonight, washing it and putting the statue on my mantle. I will continue to pray to St Joseph and may God’s will be done.

I need to sell badly too, but heaven forbid it appears I am trying to FORCE a SAINT to do my bidding.

I ask for your prayers that I sell soon.

God Bless you all.

Two months on the market would scare me, too. I would assume that if it hadn’t sold yet there is something wrong with it or if no one has liked enough to buy it yet, why would I want to buy it? Some people don’t even look at houses that have what they consider too many days on the market. If you relisted it it would set your days on market back to 0. Also, let’s just assume your trying to sell your house for $149,900, you may be better off listing it for $150,000. That way you get in a whole new group of buyers. When people are looking to buy a house their agent normally shows them the houses for sale in a $10,000 range. So listed at $149,900 you’ll get the buyers looking in the $140,000 to $150,000 zone but you leave out the people looking in the $150,000 to $160,000 zone. If you list at $150,000 you get both groups. That’s just the way their computers pull things up. I hope I’m making sense! If you are trying to sell by owner I think now with over 2 months and only 1 looker,now would be a good time to bite the bullet and get an agent. If you do have an agent let them know that you need more traffic and more advertising.

It’s great to ask St. Joseph to intercede for you. Please, however, do not bury the statue. Dust it off and put it in a place of honor. We cannot force a saint to do anything. To think that a saint would be bound to that is just superstition, and ultimately a violation of the 1st Commandment.

40.png
perplexed:
Why would two months scare you away. I was told we should not move out as an empty house does not appeal to buyers.

I live in an area where our town has experienced much job loss and many people are trying to sell at once. We should have sold sooner but for many reasons we did not and now we regret it.I have watched other homes and they are still for sell after months .
LoriK answered these questions pretty well. I’ll just add that a home on the market longer than 30 days (30 is my “shy away” number, not necessarily anyone elses) indicates that there is a problem. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the house is the problem. In your case it’s the location - “much job loss and many people are trying to sell at once.”

I will pray for you because I have been in a similar situation and it is scarey and stressful. This is why I will always be very careful in the future to avoid getting back in such a situation. We ended up selling our home for a loss. It wasn’t huge, thanks be to God, but we lived in the house for over 2 years and it would have been nice to pull out some equity.

You also may want to check out ForSaleByOwner.com. I went to a seminar put on by them, and when the time comes to sell again, they will be my first try before forking over a huge chunk of my equity over to a realtor.

Another idea: is there a chance you could rent the house out to someone and move on? I once read of a couple who moved a lot and they never sold the houses they lived in; they just rented them out. After a while they had quite a few homes that they owned that were gaining equity for them. Just a thought. Being a landlord also has a whole set of headaches attached to it.

Maybe even just rent out a room to help with the mortgage.

You have the right attitude: trust in the Lord. He knows your needs and will provide for you and your family.

Thanks so much for all yalls help, we have thoght of moving now but the realtors don’t like showing empty houses they say they don’t sell and people think the seller is eager to sell thus dropping the price.

God is good and he knows our needs, our little home is in mint condition. We have put alot of TLC into it but our neighborhood is going through changes and we are forced to sell. God has taken away some bad renters but the physical condition is attracting crime.

Long story short we have talked to city leaders and I wrote to our paper, We have prayed for God to help us sel and just get out before things get too bad. We are disabled with Cp and both worked many years to save for our home. God has been good to us both.

We just want peace in our lives not have to fight with renters (not here when we bought) I pray it sells soon or I pray that God helps us make changes to our neighborhood.

We would not rent our home out, I know people who have rental property and it is nothing but trouble.

Please continue to pray for us as giving up our home is hard for us as we struggled so long to have a home.

God bless yall!

40.png
txangel:
Oh my gosh…a friend of mine told me about burying St Joseph statue to sell my house. I did it, but not because of superstition. However I will be un-burying him tonight, washing it and putting the statue on my mantle. I will continue to pray to St Joseph and may God’s will be done.

I need to sell badly too, but heaven forbid it appears I am trying to FORCE a SAINT to do my bidding.

I ask for your prayers that I sell soon.

God Bless you all.
Good response - something like this makes all the postings worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back