What Saint should I pray to ask for interventions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RazzsMom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RazzsMom

Guest
Could anyone help me find a Saint to ask for protection and intervention?

I have severe bone disease (not cancer, but serious) and have recently had a setback. My knees, ankles and shoulders are all affected. I have already had surgery on my lower back but I need at least six more surgeries in the future and am having severe pain currently. I cannot seem to find a specific Saint to ask for prayers. I am despairing at times and feel like “it isn’t fair” for me to be so debilitated at a relatively-speaking young age. I don’t want to feel despairing or feel sorry for myself. I usually am pretty upbeat and hopeful. I usually feel that I can offer up my suffering to Jesus as He suffered so much for me. But I sure would like a Saint who can be on my side! 👍

Thanks, to anyone who gives me some good ideas.
 
I don’t know about your physical pain, but since a main concern is how it’s dragging you down emotionally, I suggest St. Dymphna. She’s a patron saint of many emotional situations, including despair.
 
shrineofstjude.claretians.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ssj_homepage

St Jude helped me many times.

He was a childhood friend of Jesus… that spoke to me.

**
May God Bless You!**

A Prayer to St. Jude for Healing

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, friend of Jesus, I place myself in your care at this difficult time. Pray for me; help me know that I need not face my troubles alone.

Please join me in my need, asking God to send me consolation in my sorrow, courage in my fear, and healing in the midst of my suffering.

Ask our loving God to fill me with the grace to accept whatever may lie ahead for me and my loved ones, and to strengthen my faith in God’s healing power.

Thank you, St. Jude, for the promise of hope you hold out to all who believe, and inspire me to give this gift of hope to others as it has been given to me.

Amen.
 
Could anyone help me find a Saint to ask for protection and intervention?

I have severe bone disease (not cancer, but serious) and have recently had a setback. My knees, ankles and shoulders are all affected. I have already had surgery on my lower back but I need at least six more surgeries in the future and am having severe pain currently. I cannot seem to find a specific Saint to ask for prayers. I am despairing at times and feel like “it isn’t fair” for me to be so debilitated at a relatively-speaking young age. I don’t want to feel despairing or feel sorry for myself. I usually am pretty upbeat and hopeful. I usually feel that I can offer up my suffering to Jesus as He suffered so much for me. But I sure would like a Saint who can be on my side! 👍

Thanks, to anyone who gives me some good ideas.
St. Jude!

-Jeanne
 
St Rocco has been very kind to me, interceding for my physical and emotional healing. 🙂

Here are a couple of prayers to him:

Chaplet of St Rocco

St Rocco, you once took care of sufferers from the plague, and were always ready to help others by kind service and fervent prayers.
You yourself had no home, and you died in a dungeon. No wonder countless invalids have confidently invoked your help.
Please grant a cure to me, and help us all to become or remain physically and spiritually healthy.

Saint Rocco, hear our prayers and obtain our petitions.

Amen.

3 Our Fathers, 3 Hail Marys, 3 Glory Bes.

O Blessed St Rocco, Patron of the sick,
Have pity on those who lie upon a bed of suffering.
Your power was so great when you were in this world, that by the sign of the Cross,
many were healed of their diseases.

Now that you are in heaven, your power is not less.
Offer, then, to God our sighs and tears, and obtain for us the health that we seek through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

If you’d like to read more about his life, you can do so at this link: saints.sqpn.com/saint-roch/
 
Thanks to everyone. I think I will take this to all three of them!

I have also begun praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.

God bless all of you.
 
Could anyone help me find a Saint to ask for protection and intervention?

I have severe bone disease (not cancer, but serious) and have recently had a setback. My knees, ankles and shoulders are all affected. I have already had surgery on my lower back but I need at least six more surgeries in the future and am having severe pain currently. I cannot seem to find a specific Saint to ask for prayers. I am despairing at times and feel like “it isn’t fair” for me to be so debilitated at a relatively-speaking young age. I don’t want to feel despairing or feel sorry for myself. I usually am pretty upbeat and hopeful. I usually feel that I can offer up my suffering to Jesus as He suffered so much for me. But I sure would like a Saint who can be on my side! 👍

Thanks, to anyone who gives me some good ideas.
St. Raphael, archangel and patron saint of health.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top