What should I advise my Baptist friend?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alison
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have GREAT news folks.
I emailed my friend (as we are long-distance penpals) and she says that she already accepted to help and told her church that she will participate. However, the good news is that based on the wonderful reponse that you all helped me to give my friend, she has decided to call them back and back out as it does not correspond with the longings of her heart for the Church established by Christ. Thank you all so much. Keep praying for my friend that she will continue to make good decisions. Love,

-Alison
 
What should I tell her? A baptist friend of mine who is around 18 years old feels called to Catholicism and believes in the teaching authority of the Catholic Church. She has come to me for guidance as she has a moral dilemma. She has been asked by her church to lead a youth evangelical program but is not sure of whether she should because it believes in Sola fide (faith alone). She feels that, most likely, she will be told to teach the same (Sola fide) and, thus, lead the youth into what she calls a “false sense of security”. She asks me: “Should I help out even if they are teaching that we are saved by Faith alone and just concentrate on helping teach about Jesus, Or should I decline?]”. What would you recommend? Thank you and blessed Christmas Season to you!
-Alison
I would suggest that she follow in the steps of many Protestant and Evangelical pastors. Decline the position and focus on studying and learning. Making her decisions for her own faith life first.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top