What should I do with these?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cmac2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmac2

Guest
I’ve been going through this box of things that I’ve collected and saved throughout the years ever since I first became a Catholic almost ten years ago. Most of it is just Christmas cards, prayer cards, and a handmade cross out of palm leaves from Holy Week, the date of which I don’t remember. But I’ve also found some things that I have since become weary of since being baptized.
When I was 17, when I was entering the church, all of these well-meaning people, including the woman who was my sponsor and is now a good family friend, gave me these little gifts. I have blue Pieta Prayer Book sponsored by the Miraculous Lady of Roses, LLC, some stuff from the Shepherds of Christ (of China, Indiana), a rosary from Medjugorje, and a photo of a supposed appearance of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Clearwater, Florida as well as a picture of a ‘glowing’ statue also from Medjugorje.
After much research, many of these sponsors are fraudulent. For instance, I looked up the supposed apparition of the Miraculous Lady of the Roses and I found out it’s not only an unapproved Marian apparition, but some of the messages are almost diabolic in nature. Shepherds of Christ seems equally doubtful, and I don’t think I need to go over the problems with Medjugorje. The people who gave me these gifts and trinkets are very well-meaning and generally good and faithful Catholics, if you ignore some of the less-than ideal devotions to ‘Our Lady of Clearwater,’ Medjugorje, and Shepherds of Christ. What I supposed to do with these trinkets if I cannot in good faith keep them but I don’t want to give them back and hurt their feelings?
 
Don’t give them back…it would be hurtful. You could just simply throw them away, donate them to some organization, box them up and place them in the attic, bury them in the back yard…
Perhaps ask a Priest how you should properly dispose them? Personally, I’d just box them up and store them away in my house somewhere. I’m assuming they wouldn’t take up much room. Who knows what their value might be in 50 years…either spiritually, financially or for the memories.
 
Ask a priest and really consider what you throw away.
You don’t want regrets.
Also you never know medjugorje might be approved one day
 
Are they blessed? If so, you can bury them. Otherwise I’d just toss them. You can still hold onto the kind sentiments in your heart without holding on to the items.
 
I’d just box them up and store them away in my house somewhere. I’m assuming they wouldn’t take up much room.
That way you can let youre children deal with them… they wont have as meaning to your children as they do with you. Just don’t tell them how special they are. 😉
 
Last edited:
That way you can let youre children deal with them… they wont have as meaning to your children as they do with you. Just don’t tell them how special they are.
My children will probably curse me for years after I’m gone with all the meaningful crap I’m leaving them to clean up!😂😂😂
 
Throw away the fraudulent things, things from unapproved or forbidden apparitions.

Take the other items to your parish office.
 
My children will probably curse me for years after I’m gone
not my children but my nieces and nephews, cause not only am I leaving them my stuff, but my mom’s and grandmothers. They’ll have an entire room quietly closed off with things I don’t or can’t decided weather to keep or toss.
 
Don’t you envision them going through boxes thinking,”what the heck is this and why on earth did she save it!” 😂😂😂
 
Last edited:
What I supposed to do with these trinkets if I cannot in good faith keep them but I don’t want to give them back and hurt their feelings?
Throw them away.

If you know they are blessed, burn or bury them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top