What should I do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scc11
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry but where did you get this idea that the church teaches us to judge others in any situation? In fact the church and jesus in the bible teaches the exact opposite.
What?!

You have to judge to have no judgment.

If we are not to judge no need for the ten commandments, mortal and venial sins, confession etc. Catholicism is founded in judgement.
 
Im sorry but homosexual people do have a choice.Theres always a choice to be made of whether to follow god and his commands or not. God made men and women for a reason its part of the natural laws god created for us. What he does not teach is hurting homosexual people, god is to be the judge of all. But what we cant do is support homosexual lifestyle and say its ok just like its not ok for me to sin and when I do I have to ask for forgiveness repent and make the effort to sin no more . If we say that they dont have a choice and god made them this way why would they ever change or want to change and why would they ask for forgiveness and how can they reach heaven if they dont just like I cant reach heaven if Im not repentent for the things ive done so really whos the one thats hating if through there choice they cant reach heaven and we say nothing.
This is exactly the type of offensive rhetoric you should avoid with your friend. 😃
 
What?!

You have to judge to have no judgment.

If we are not to judge no need for the ten commandments, mortal and venial sins, confession etc. Catholicism is founded in judgement.
I really have to say I misspoke when I said that you cant judge anyone in any situation what I really meant to say is that first of we should take care of our own sins before judging others. But I also know that If we judge others harshly or without love this is how we will be judged. I have no problem with judging between right and wrong and showing people the right way with love from our hearts. I just think we need to be very careful when we judge for as the bible says. For the judgment is merciless to one who has not shown mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment (James 2:13) .And god is the one who judges where we go when we die. Im sorry if you disagree, I dont know if you do all i know isI mean no disrespect im actually a very conservative catholic who believes in god and the catholic church with all my heart. God bless you!
 
This is exactly the type of offensive rhetoric you should avoid with your friend. :D/QUOTE

I really dont know how you found that offensive but Im sorry if you did. I just believe as the bible teaches that being homosexual is a sin. God bless you
 
chaldobyzantine;9958629:
This is exactly the type of offensive rhetoric you should avoid with your friend. 😃
I really dont know how you found that offensive but Im sorry if you did. I just believe as the bible teaches that being homosexual is a sin. God bless you
Um, actually it doesn’t. It says that homosexual behavior is disordered and sinful, but being a homosexual is merely one of many crosses we all face in our lives.
 
Weve been friends for about 18 years now.
I bicycled south to San Diego several years ago. When I arrived I telephoned home to get my cousin Dennis’ address. “You know he is a homosexual, don’t you?” said my mother.

“No”, said I and it did not matter because I liked cousin Dennis from all our conversations at family reunions. Dennis was a well spoken kind soul. He let me stay at his place, but only for one night. You see he was so worried that some how I would contract the HIV virus that he had. A few years later Dennis did die from the disease. Dennis made some bad choices as have I. Unfortunately Dennis’ bad choice cost him his life.

I did not get to see Dennis on a daily basis nor did I know about him being homosexual until that summer. So in your case it might be different if you are around your friend all the time. Will this friendship put you in a place where you will be condoning sin? I think that is the question I would ask myself.

How long have you been friends?

God Bless
 
Weve been friends for about 18 years now.
18 years is a long time invested in any relationship. Your original post would seem to indicate that this includes your childhood years.

When I was young my parents moved to a tiny place. The neighbors adopted two brothers and their sister. I still remember the first thing we did together (chased our sister on bicycles). It seemed like an important thing to do at the time. We spent so many summers down at the creek together, spent nights at each other homes, etc. When we went into our adult years my good friends made some not so good choices. Without any animus I had to let them go from my life.

My point being you will have to make a judgment based on the choices your friend makes. If you can be of help to your friend by all means do so. If my friends ever came to me for help I would do what I could.

God bless
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top