What should I turn pink?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giggly_Giraffe
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Giggly_Giraffe

Guest
So, when I started dating my husband, he used to work on Sundays. Anyways, I declared that if he worked on Sunday I would turn something he owns pink. Anyways, he’s avoided working on Sundays for three years (cheer), but worked last Sunday.

So, do I be merciful, or do I turn something of his pink??? If pink, then what?
 
So, when I started dating my husband, he used to work on Sundays. Anyways, I declared that if he worked on Sunday I would turn something he owns pink. Anyways, he’s avoided working on Sundays for three years (cheer), but worked last Sunday.

So, do I be merciful, or do I turn something of his pink??? If pink, then what?
It depends.

Does he have full control over his work schedule? If so - I would go for white socks or undershorts/shirts. 😃

If he does not have full control — mercy is in order.

🙂

~Liza
 
It depends.

Does he have full control over his work schedule? If so - I would go for white socks or undershorts/shirts. 😃

If he does not have full control — mercy is in order.

🙂

~Liza
I vote for mercy! Having to work Sunday myself everything I have would be pink. :eek:
 
When he gets home from work, make a big deal that you’ve been at work on the pink thing. Then you could serve him some strawberry ice cream this time, and tell him that if he makes it a habit, then some day it will be his underwear.

Seriously, though, working on Sundays is permissible, if it cannot be helped. We ought to be supportive of those who have to work when they’d rather be having a quiet day set aside for the Lord with their loving wife. Let him know you understand that.
 
When he gets home from work, make a big deal that you’ve been at work on the pink thing. Then you could serve him some strawberry ice cream this time, and tell him that if he makes it a habit, then some day it will be his underwear.

Seriously, though, working on Sundays is permissible, if it cannot be helped. We ought to be supportive of those who have to work when they’d rather be having a quiet day set aside for the Lord with their loving wife. Let him know you understand that.
Awwwwww … So sweet & simple … Great idea.
 
What does he do for a living? How much control does he have over his schedule?

As for punishing him by turning something pink (or whatever), if it’s meant in good fun and he’s okay with it, so be it. But if it’s intended seriously as a punishment, then it’s absolutely inappropriate in a marriage. You’re his wife, not his superior. Just as it isn’t his place to punish you when you sin, it isn’t your place to punish him when he sins (even assuming that his working on Sunday is a sin, which it may well not be).
 
So, when I started dating my husband, he used to work on Sundays. Anyways, I declared that if he worked on Sunday I would turn something he owns pink. Anyways, he’s avoided working on Sundays for three years (cheer), but worked last Sunday.

So, do I be merciful, or do I turn something of his pink??? If pink, then what?
It concerns me that you consider the role of a spouse to mette out retribution for things like this via destruction of property. The right place for reconciliation for wrong action is the confessional, with an ordained priest and proper penance… not a spouse causing harm to a person’s belongings.

Justice is about reconciliation between the aggreived and the transgressor, not vengeance.
 
What does he do for a living? How much control does he have over his schedule?

As for punishing him by turning something pink (or whatever), if it’s meant in good fun and he’s okay with it, so be it. But if it’s intended seriously as a punishment, then it’s absolutely inappropriate in a marriage. You’re his wife, not his superior. Just as it isn’t his place to punish you when you sin, it isn’t your place to punish him when he sins (even assuming that his working on Sunday is a sin, which it may well not be).
I look at turning stuff pink more like the “Swear Jar” instead of punishment. With the swear jar, each time a person swears they put money in a jar with hopes that they will recognize when they swear to reduce such actions. Now, my husband is a work-a-holic to the Nth degree!!! Putting money in a jar would just positively enforce his actions. So, to “make an outward sign” to humble his actions, I find pink is the key 😃

As for your question on whether it’s a sin … It’s an understanding between two parties that I placed as a condition before we got married. I need time with my spouce & with God!!!

I still like Easterjoy’s recommendation … It’s sweet.😉
 
It concerns me that you consider the role of a spouse to mette out retribution for things like this via destruction of property. The right place for reconciliation for wrong action is the confessional, with an ordained priest and proper penance… not a spouse causing harm to a person’s belongings.

Justice is about reconciliation between the aggreived and the transgressor, not vengeance.
Yes, missing Mass on Sunday is between my husband & God to be taken care of in the confessional. Yes, justice is about Reconcilliation between the aggrieved (being me who lost time with husband on Sunday) & the transgressor ( husband who worked ): as our pre-marriage covenant (agreement) was his Sunday duty with God & family or the consequence would be something in OUR house (you imply that when married it’s still MY stuff =>. NOT !!! It becomes OUR stuff: even underwear :)) would turn pink.

Now, even if this were a transgression against the marriage not specifically outlined like we did … We Catholics are taught to first goto confession to a Priest for forgiveness from God and THEN use the same confessional rituals to the people we hurt by our sins. This includes apologizing outloud with contrite heart, asking for forgiveness, asking for penance, and doing the penance the person we hurt asks us to do. We can only hope the person giving the penance is merciful. This goes for the spouce or anyone person hurt by your wrong doing. It’s the way to practice fraternal love.
 
It concerns me that you consider the role of a spouse to mette out retribution for things like this via destruction of property. The right place for reconciliation for wrong action is the confessional, with an ordained priest and proper penance… not a spouse causing harm to a person’s belongings.

Justice is about reconciliation between the aggreived and the transgressor, not vengeance.
If she was in a hurry to punish him, she’d have no trouble thinking of something to dye pink without any help from us. Her question made it clear to me that she is only looking for help about how to maintain an agreed-upon boundary.

This was an agreement, remember. He agreed in advance that he would not do this, when it could be avoided, and he’s done a good job of honoring that commitment. She’s not trying to be his warden, but she does want to re-iterate that she really means to hold him to their agreement, because by this odd threat she had made it clear that when she said this is not negotiable, she meant it.

That doesn’t mean she won’t abide by a reasonable exception, just that she doesn’t want the exception to slip by as something that might too soon become anything but the exception. I think the strawberry ice cream, combined with mention of his underwear or socks, makes her point in a way that is both playful and unmistakeable.
 
When he gets home from work, make a big deal that you’ve been at work on the pink thing. Then you could serve him some strawberry ice cream this time, and tell him that if he makes it a habit, then some day it will be his underwear.

Seriously, though, working on Sundays is permissible, if it cannot be helped. We ought to be supportive of those who have to work when they’d rather be having a quiet day set aside for the Lord with their loving wife. Let him know you understand that.
Aww 😛
 
Dye your own hair pink.

One sunday after three years? Did you think you were taking a vow to be his mother? Love of one’s spouse includes petty damage to their property?

How about you refuse to spend any of the money he’s earned over the past month on anything of interest to you. That would make a statement.
 
I dont think it is a good idea. Either there is a bigger issue with him being a workaholic and this was a serious deal or it is just plain mean. If there is a bigger issue here then the passive agressive pink attack will not make it better. If it is just a fun game then why would you treat someone you love like that.
This thread would have vastly different responses if it were a man posting about his wife. Just sayin 🤷
 
Lay off of the OP. It’s very clear that this is a cute, fun game of theirs. But, it does have a point. In remembering the game and dying something insignificant pink she will be saying that she remembers and plans to uphold the agreement (and he should too). Still a fun, sweet, kind of flirty game to play. I approve!👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top