B
BRZ
Guest
What are we supposed to be doing on Good Friday actually?
Catholic? Instead of watching tv or playing games maybe spending time meditating and giving thanks to Jesus for all he did for you…just a thoughtWell actually it is already Friday night for me since I am in Asia, I am an American but I am teaching in Asia. I worked until 7:30 pm and I don’t think there was a mass, well I don’t think today is a obligatory mass day, is it? If it is, I don’t think it is here but I don’t know. I can’t be with my family as they are not here haha. I have fasted today but I accidentally ate just a little meat, it was in something I ate, I didn’t even remember until after I ate it, sigh. I am upset about that because I always forget things like this.
I was going to relax and watch some t.v. and play a game since I am rather tired and worn out. Is that something I should not do?
It doesn’t matter where you are. Catholics are still Catholics no matter what country they may be in. Good Friday is a day that should be spent quietly, in meditation of the pain and suffering Jesus went through for us. What you do on Good Friday comes from your heart. You had mentioned playing a game or watching t.v. to relax. Would you consider prayer and meditation instead? Today is a day that is especially meaningful for praying the Stations of the cross. If you don’t know all of the stations, a quick google would bring up the info. Praying of the rosary is also appropriate today. Also, today is the day that you would start the novena of Divine Mercy because next Sunday will be Divine Mercy Sunday.Yeah, the Philippines is a very Catholic country. I am in South Korea which has maybe 4 or so million Catholics, but most Koreans are either some form of Protestant denomination, atheist or buddhist. I don’t really know what is required of Catholics in this country. I have no idea what I am supposed to do today.
LOLParty time.
First of all, I’d like to apologize if what I said may have offended you. That wasn’t my intent. In my clumsy way I was trying to give you encouragement. I guess it came out wrong. Never having lived in another country, I just assumed we all practiced in the same way everywhere. It must be very difficult sitting in mass when you don’t understand what is being said.I never miss mass, I go every Sunday and yes, Korean people seem to generally be more devout then others I have experienced. It isn’t a matter of missing mass, it is a matter of not knowing what is going on. South Korea is a different country and they follow different customs and traditions and such. They don’t have the same requirements for fasting, etc. It is difficult for me to find any information on these things as there is no place I can go to research on it in my own language. I also am just coming back to the faith only several months ago and I am still learning what I need to know. This is my first Lenten season since I have come back and I am just unfamiliar with what I need to do. I already messed up a little this past month and I don’t want to mess up anymore due to ignorance or carelessness.