What Sins Are Forgiven?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nick362
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not really sure. I think so?

I don’t want to give you wrong information, so I shall tag one of our resident priests, @edward_george1, to give us both the correct answer.
 
I understand that sin has consequences.

Nor do I believe you can sin over and over…though Jesus says if you do… REPENT. You will always be forgiven.

And yes grace was the wrong word…it is bad to die out of God grace.

What I didn’t understand was why if you repent your sin and are forgiven, would you still have a sin that puts you into purgatory. I rewatched the video and read on it and it all said purgatory is for those who didnt repent… people who are still holding on to things that they cant let go, keeping them separate from God… or something like that.

Jesus paid the price of our sin with His blood, repent your sins and you shall be in the grace of God. Saying you’ll still go to purgatory after that is the part I didnt understand.
 
Last edited:
I agree with you up to a point. I do see purgatory as existence the soul must go to clean itself from the “feeling” of guilt. However, no fire and the angels and the saints will help you into the arms of Christ. Time is meaningless from our perspective. Catholic theology has had a tough time with this subject and today thoughts are changing within the church; however, the Catholic church is very slow to move on a few things because of tradition. For a long time, the Catholic Church proclaimed the earth as the center of the solar system (universe) while year after year science banged on the door telling the Church that was incorrect. Most non-scholars have problems with what is doctrine and what is dogma - doctrine is best teaching (and can be argued) while dogma is the very foundation of the church and all Catholics are to believe, this is where faith comes into play.l

N
 
Last edited:
The sins were confess to a priest are forgiven. If the priest absolves us of our sins confessed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top